X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twice in a week?!

So twice in a week I'd have people pay large totals with $1's

My last customers today paid a good part of $112 with $1's. I had to count it about 3 or 4 times, because my brain freaks out when it has to count large amounts in small denominations. Even worse with coins. They gave me maybe $20-25 in 5's, so that was slightly helpful.
    The thing is, when he took out his cash to get the $5's, I saw a $20. I mean, I can understand needing it for something else, but he could've easily given me the $20, saving a ton of time, and gone to the service desk and exchanged the $1's for some $20's
    There aren't any rules that I know of that say we don't accept large amounts of small bills, so it's pretty annoying.
    At least I don't have to count it all out at the end of my shift.

You're a lot like me there. Sometimes I can't stand it when someone pays with a ton of small bills and coins, but inside I'm thanking them because then that means I don't have to hound an ASM or Bossman!K later on in the shift to break a bill for change. I'll have plenty by then.

Comment

I feel your pain!

I get some people in here, wanting to use 10 and 20 cent pieces to pay for a $50 total. I actually either refuse or make my displeasure known - I have the right to refuse service or payment, and I AM NOT A BANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TO ONE!

Same applies with dickheads who come into my store bang on opening time and hand me a $100. I oonly have 5s or 10s, and again, I AM NOT A BANK !!!eleventy!!!!!!

Thank god New Zealand has done away with 1c 2c and 5c pieces!!!!!!

Comment

I'm sorry guys. I've done this before. I needed groceries so I sifted through the change in my couch cushions. The good news I went to a 24 hour store at around 2 am, so there was no line to hold up.
        "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
          The good news I went to a 24 hour store at around 2 am, so there was no line to hold up.
          Well that's good, but also keep in mind there's a difference between "I'm so broke I needed that penny I picked up on the way here" and "I wanna ditch my singles so that $20 you saw is staying with me."
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            <snip>there's a difference between "I'm so broke I needed that penny I picked up on the way here" and "I wanna ditch my singles <snip>
            Oh good, I feel better.
            "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Large amounts of small bills are just annoying. I mean, I work in a freaking strip club (so LOTS of ones floating around), and I've managed to figure out "Bank, then go shopping."
              Haikus are easy
              But sometimes they don't make sense
              Refrigerator

Comment

They're probably either waiters or strippers.

Comment

Quoth Music Mo-Gal View Post
                  They're probably either waiters or strippers.
                  Or douchebags. Probably douchebags.

Comment

Happened to me twice yesterday. And we're talking LARGE orders. I think one person bought over $100 in wristbands with mostly singles, and maybe 3 fives. The only good news is I often give change in singles (like $4 change from a $40 bill), so I was able to get rid of a lot of them.

I usually end the night with about 20 singles. Last night I had over 80.

I'm just glad none of them were sweaty. >>
                    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I had some kids come into the library once who wanted to buy a fundraiser wristband. It was a dollar. They counted out 97 pennies and that was all they had. I let them have it, but then I was stuck with their 97 pennies!
                      "When life gives you lemons, you give life a f---ing paper cut and then squeeze f---ing lemon juice on it, because life should give you something better than f---ing lemons."

Comment

i never did understand the mentality of "oh i dont' want to break my 20"
                        ... you'll be paying the same money no matter what.

in fact sometimes it's easier to not have the 20... like when you're hungry and the only thing available is a vending machine... and all you have is a 20.

Comment

Working...
                        X