Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys you are probably failing to realize that the brat and her mom acted very innocent and angelic to the manager to get freebies out of him. The people he dealt with could have been very different than the people OP did, even though they were the same people.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

...What???!
      whohatesshrimp?

Comment

oh yeah... tell the media... (hell forget the local papers, just contact fox news... that'll get some response)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

$300 in gift cards to the sewer-mouthed, racist "parent" of a sewer-mouthed, racist spoiled brat?!?!

Just because she's a single mom?

Had that been me, I would've walked out in a manner that would have been the talk of the store for years, and made me permanently unrehireable. That's just disgusting.
          ME TOO. That is ridiculous.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
            If Crow didn't have over 300 posts here already, I'd call VBS on this.
            Sadly, that's not always a perfect ruler to measure whether a story is VBS or not. I have found that VBS can strike at any time, whether the member is a wet behind the ears newbie or a seasoned member. Sometimes, the cry for notoriety is just too strong.

Some people can go on posting for years, barely hitting the radar, but in retrosepct, if one went back and actually read the posts, there would be a lot of and the VBS is just so obvious.

Others just join and within the first paragraph, they are running the BS meter right into red.

I want to give the member the benefit of the doubt on this one, though, since he has been around for a while and has always posted stories of this caliber with his customers repeatedly running off the rails into gutter language and racial epithets with a lot of race card thrown in for good measure. (Just go back and do a thread or post search and you will see, too.)

This isn't a story that just came from nowhere, is what I think I'm trying to say.

I don't know whether this is a touch embellished or not. I strongly think it is, simply because the syntax of the conversation doesn't really ring true, but then, from reading back into this member's posts, I find that not many of his conversations ring true as posted.

I have been around a lot of children, and the alleged wording of what came out of that little girl's mouth just seems a bit off.

Do I think it happened? Probably.
            Do I think all of his stories happened? Probably.
            Was it posted exactly word for word as it happened? I doubt it.
            Were all of them posted word for word? I doubt it.
            This is the internet, so things have to get spiced up a little, don't they? Makes for much more interesting reading.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
              Do I think it happened? Probably.
              Do I think all of his stories happened? Probably.
              Was it posted exactly word for word as it happened? I doubt it.
              Were all of them posted word for word? I doubt it.
              This is the internet, so things have to get spiced up a little, don't they? Makes for much more interesting reading.
              I think that can apply to 99% of the posts in Sucky Customers... I'll be honest that my threads are rarely word for word accurate... if for no other reason than I'm posting after the fact, I don't have perfect memory, and I have a bias towards my side of the story... and I'm willing to bet that can be said about almost everyone.
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                I have been around a lot of children, and the alleged wording of what came out of that little girl's mouth just seems a bit off.
                I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

Crow never mentioned the child's age. Given her parentage as described, she may be older than what we would normally guess (like 10 instead of 5).

Also, because of the way the parent spoke in this story, it may be that BBP picked up quite a bit from her mother, and was also told quite a bit by her mother.

The wording may be off (this is some 18 mos. later), but I am willing to believe that the events happened pretty much as stated, if not word-for-word.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                  I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

Crow never mentioned the child's age. Given her parentage as described, she may be older than what we would normally guess (like 10 instead of 5).
                  Yeah, well, I haven't heard any kids from any age talking exactly like that. I think I already established, though, that I didn't think it was word for word, but was giving the benefit of the doubt since most of his stories are on a similar vein.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                    I think that can apply to 99% of the posts in Sucky Customers... I'll be honest that my threads are rarely word for word accurate... if for no other reason than I'm posting after the fact, I don't have perfect memory, and I have a bias towards my side of the story... and I'm willing to bet that can be said about almost everyone.
                    I know that I don't post verbatim. It's impossible for me to remember a conversation word for word. Most of the time, my posts are shorter than the hell I actually experienced.

I understand things aren't word for word. It's the embellishment that gets me. Customers can be REALLY sucky asshats without anyone embellishing the situation.

I can see a child arguing with an employee about not wanting to do what they say merely because a good number of kids don't listen...but that's all you have to say. Most of the kids I know won't argue with you when you are asking them not to do something, they just will pretend they don't hear you. I can think of two right off the bat that I can be two feet away from asking that they not do something and they plug along as if I'm not there. Then they act oh so surprised when you start yelling to get their attention. Then they finally respond.

I don't know. Who am I to say what has or has not happened. Maybe I still have trace amounts of hope in humanity to believe that some of this poster's post happened as posted. (uh, poster's, post, posted....hmm....got use out of that word in that sentence)

Quoth Saydrah View Post
                    If Crow didn't have over 300 posts here already, I'd call VBS on this. Just awful!

VBS? What's that?
                    Last edited by Broomjockey; 10-28-2008, 08:21 PM. Reason: consecutive posts
                    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk
                      VBS? What's that?
                      my google-fu says Vinegar Boy Syndrome... it's where posters feel the need to embellish and exaggerate in order to gain popularity on the board.

Comment

The Vinegar Boy Saga is probably the most famous War Story on this site.

To put it simply, Vinegar Boy Syndrome is when a poster feels the need to embellish a story to compare to something as epic as Vinegar Boy.

Oh speaking of vinegar...it works very well as an astringent.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Blas said it better than I did, read her post instead of mine

Comment

Oh pffft, don't sell yourself short. I have a bad habbit of just hopping in sometimes...
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                              my google-fu says Vinegar Boy Syndrome... it's where posters feel the need to embellish and exaggerate in order to gain popularity on the board.
                              Oh...that's right. I forgot about Vinegar Boy. Thank you - both Smiley and Blas.
                              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I call shenanigans on this story.

Comment

Working...
                                X