Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
    My mom has the big TV on and is watching her handheld at the same time. Is it all old people or just the ones in my family?
    Mrs. IA does the same thing.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• My mom does too...and complains at me if I happen to be looking at my phone during commercials (sooo...I'm ignoring the ads, while you're ignoring the whole show?).
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Mom's dad had one TV for picture, one for sound. But that's different.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Today at the library this mom called her toddler over. Toddler replied, "NO Mama, I don't WANT to, I WANT to go back to my BOOKS."

Little girl, you have no idea how much I sympathize with you.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I may have had this one before, but it's surfaced again. Given what phones and tablets can do, why are graphing calculators still $120?
            Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
            They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
              I may have had this one before, but it's surfaced again. Given what phones and tablets can do, why are graphing calculators still $120?
              Because teachers require the students to have a graphing calculator and will not let the students use more modern, and capable, devices. It is a captive market.

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Because teachers require the students to have a graphing calculator and will not let the students use more modern, and capable, devices. It is a captive market.
                Real professors only understand how to use Antikythera mechanisms.
                Last edited by dalesys; 08-04-2021, 01:21 AM.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Speaking of technology again. I read something recently (ironically, a blog post that I now cannot find) that vibes with why I have so many personal issues with social media in general - something about "growing up in the early days of the greater internet, when mentioning even so much as your favorite color was giving out too much personal information; compared to the plethora of real names, locations, personal details, and what you ate for breakfast".

Comment

• Speaking of the internet, I'm on another seven-day ban on Facebook ... I used a term that apparently "triggered" the algorithms, but the irony is, I wasn't trying to insult anybody, much less the person whose post I was responding to.

And I can dispute it, but of course they are sooooo overwhelmed due to COVID that they probably won't ever get back to me.
                    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I wonder if some people with perfect pitch tend to only drive at particular speeds so the road/engine/gear/tire noises are in tune.

So they might be comfortable at exactly 60.00, ~63.57, ~ 67.35, ~71.35, ~75.60 and so on. Would they change tires for ones with different number of lugs/tread pattern repeats?
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Saw this one on a blog somewhere. To win like a hundred million dollars, you have to live in the last video game you played for a year. How hosed are you?

...I'm screwed. Warframe or Dwarf Fortress.

Comment

• Quoth Ceir View Post
                          Saw this one on a blog somewhere. To win like a hundred million dollars, you have to live in the last video game you played for a year. How hosed are you?

...I'm screwed. Warframe or Dwarf Fortress.
                          Last video game for me is Fallout 4.

Do I get that hundred million in dollars (worthless in the game) or bottle caps (the in-game currency)?

Comment

• Sunday is grocery shopping day.

Saw on the shelf that Kraft now has KD Flavour Boost, packets of flavouring you can add in to your Kraft Dinner macaroni.

Jalapeno
                            Ghost Pepper
                            Buffalo Wing
                            Poutine
                            Butter Chicken

... and Cotton Candy.

(note to board mods, for some reason my computer hiccuped and the original post didn't look like it posted, but it did...)
                            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• I'm a spice wimp, so about the only one of those that sounds good to me is the Poutine. The Butter Chicken is a maybe.

Cotton Candy mac & cheese? Seriously?
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Cotton Candy mac & cheese? Sweet!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X