Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your store is run by idiots. When someone uses a coupon, then returns the item, they should only be receiving back the actual CASH they spent. not the amount of the coupon as they didn't PAY for that.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
      You need to go to HR about the threatening customer. That should be grounds for a perma-ban at any store, for worker safety reasons.
      Seconded. You should not have to deal with that, ever.

And your store's return policy is ridiculous. You already know that, but it bears repeating.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
        Your store is run by idiots. When someone uses a coupon, then returns the item, they should only be receiving back the actual CASH they spent. not the amount of the coupon as they didn't PAY for that.
        It's sad how often I have to explain this to customers.

"But those shoes cost $20!"

"But you used a coupon, so you only paid $15. I can't give you back money you didn't spend."

"Then I want my coupon back."

"......... You purchased these shoes a month ago, even if I still had the coupon, it would already be expired"

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
          Mine too.

This happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME with our loyalty coupons.

Customer spends enough money to use the coupon and uses their coupon. Customer returns part of their purchase later. As this means they've now spent less than the coupon requires, they want their coupon back. Even though it's torn up and long gone.

So we just give them the amount of the coupon on a gift card (usually $10). Management's rationale is "we're not going to lose a customer over $10."
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

IPF: Maybe those are the sorts of customers you want to lose...>_>
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              So we just give them the amount of the coupon on a gift card (usually $10). Management's rationale is "we're not going to lose a customer over $10."
              Actually I can agree with that for loyalty rewards that spend as money, or other vouchers they had to spend $XX to get, and come back another time to use. They should receive compensation for it in a form that is spent the same way, like a loadable gift card for the store.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
              X