Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So that means you shouldn't buy groceries, or get gas, or pick up your kids, run errands, etc in uniform, even if it's immediately after work and you haven't gone home yet? How dare you mingle with the populace while in uniform.

And the first thing that popped in my mind was "You think I smell?" *sniiiifffff* "Smells like reality baby".
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Sadly there are some people who feel it's appropriate to take personal complaints to the other person's boss in order to turn it into a work-related issue.

Comment

I find myself where you're at from time to time; While I do everything within my power to go above and beyond with my job, there's still someone that'll find something to complain about. Venting here is good, but make sure you've got other outlets to help. Just ride it out and let it go, because karma's a bitch and it's going to backhand that ungrateful little shit down the road.

Comment

Who does this? SC's that's who. The OP brings this classic to mind.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Better for one to go to class in their uniform smelling vaguely of food, than to go to class in their pajamas and smelling strongly of BO, says I.
            Ugh. Shades of my undergrad years. I got stuck in a 7:30 a.m. Economics class in which the guy next to me regularly came in having just awakened, unshowered, unkempt, sans deodorant, with horrid halitosis that was discernible from a few feet. He also sported a pair of dirty, "stained" (gag) shorts; a just as disgusting, ripe T-shirt; and ripped sneakers with enough holes to provide the full experience of the "aroma" of his otherwise bare feet. I won't even start on the Monday morning beer sweats.

My eyes are watering just at the thought of that funk.
            "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
            .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth jnd4rusty View Post
              I am so seriously thinking of stopping at the dollar store and purchasing the rankest smelling "perfume" there and dousing myself with it before going to class!
              Speaking as someone who has had to actually leave a room before due to someone doing that and it pretty much giving me a severe headache, for the sake of the innocent classmates, please don't do that.
              They were a complete and total jerk, but it'd be better to simply comment on how people will sink to any depths loudly than wage chemical warfare.
              Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
              Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
              -Unknown Author

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
                They were a complete and total jerk, but it'd be better to simply comment on how people will sink to any depths loudly than wage chemical warfare.
                I disagree with this and pretty much all the other retaliatory options. This bitch has already proven that she knows the OP's Boss' phone number and isn't afraid to use it. Playing passive-aggressive will only provoke her to call again, and this time will have a more justifiable reason for accusing the OP of damaging the business' reputation.

Take the high road. Your boss and your professor are both on your side, but if you turn douchebag in return you'll only sink to her level and possibly lose their respect and support. It's not always the most satisfying solution, but at least you won't become the bad guy.
                Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

The woman is upset because a lowly fast food worker has the incentive to continue her education while the only thing she has to worry about is if the coffee shop down at Main Street Square has run out of her favorite sugar-free coffee syrup.
                  Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                    I disagree with this and pretty much all the other retaliatory options. This bitch has already proven that she knows the OP's Boss' phone number and isn't afraid to use it. Playing passive-aggressive will only provoke her to call again, and this time will have a more justifiable reason for accusing the OP of damaging the business' reputation.

Take the high road. Your boss and your professor are both on your side, but if you turn douchebag in return you'll only sink to her level and possibly lose their respect and support. It's not always the most satisfying solution, but at least you won't become the bad guy.
                    I will not do anything in retaliation, I may make snide remarks if I find out who the culprit is but I would not do anything that would harm anyone. I am angry enough and humiliated enough to actually confront her, because to me she is a bully and I am not the shy, meek, scared mouse I was in high school! I am a very kind person and I choose my words carefully when I talk to people and I always take people's feelings into consideration! I do swear alot but only around people who know me well and never around strangers or in public places. I get irate when people are driving stupid but I never ever flip them off or yell at them because I am always mindful of other people's feelings and because just maybe one of those drivers could be one of my customers! I do this because I know that even without my uniform on that I still represent my company, if I only worked there for a year or two I probably would not care but since I have been there for so long and I know so many people (our city is not that big) who are my customers, I take the time to check my actions. I am not the type of person to make a huge fuss anyways, I try to treat people exactly how I would like to be treated but I have also learned not to let someone walk all over me and I will speak up if I think something is unjust.

Comment

And actually, being ignored like that may very well be the worst punishment to her. Because for all she knows, your boss never said a word to you. That kind of scuzz thrives on your hurt and anger. Not getting what she aimed for is more frustrating to her than if you punched her, (NOT advocating violence btw)

Comment

Quoth jnd4rusty View Post
                        I will not do anything in retaliation, I may make snide remarks if I find out who the culprit is but I would not do anything that would harm anyone. I am angry enough and humiliated enough to actually confront her, because to me she is a bully and I am not the shy, meek, scared mouse I was in high school!
                        This still isn't a great idea.

Look, this person has your boss's phone number and too much time on her hands. She'll call again if she thinks you're picking on her. And management will get tired of dealing with her.

Shit, they're already dealing with this wrong. This is not something management should've pulled you into a meeting about and made you worry about for two days. They should've ignored the complaint and pretended it didn't happen to begin with.

I think the best thing to do here is put the complainer on ignore and say no more about it.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Hi!

Let's talk about Voodoo, and how it can help you...
                          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                          "What IS fun to fight through?"
                          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

IPF has the right response. She's probably hoping that you'll come slinking into class all beaten down by your boss. The less you say about it in her presence (or to anyone who might repeat the complaint to her) the more she'll feel... vindicated, justified, validated, whatever... and if she knows she got to you, she wins.

It is wonderful that you've learned to speak up for yourself. I really do think that it is important for people to learn to be their own advocates, BUT the flip side to that is knowing WHEN to make a stand. This woman is petty and has an inflated sense of self-importance. If she feels slighted I would put money on her calling your boss again, and this time complaining about your "bad attitude", which is much more serious than "you smell like you were working".
                            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              Look, this person has your boss's phone number and too much time on her hands. She'll call again if she thinks you're picking on her. And management will get tired of dealing with her.
                              that's a good point. This person already thinks nothing of calling your boss to complain about something that has nothing to do with your job.

If you find out who it is, I would recommend giving him/her the cold shoulder.

and yes, I know how frustrating and embarrassing it can be to have someone do crap like that. I had someone complain about me to a supervisor, claiming that I hadn't been showering cos they hadn't seen me take any. Oh and I wasn't allowed to know who it was.

First off, I *had* been showering, just late at night (which was why they hadn't seen it). Second ... I figured out who it was anyway.

I caught 2 girls talking about it on the mess decks and went back to my supervisor to ask him "If I can't know who complained about me, why are <name1> and <name2> allowed to discuss it on the mess decks?"

The way he repeated one of the names... yeah I knew who complained. I didn't bother confronting her ... IIRC it was one of the women I didn't get along with anyway. And I think he spoke with her about her behavior. Cos later on I remember hearing her muttering about being told on.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                                IPF has the right response. She's probably hoping that you'll come slinking into class all beaten down by your boss. The less you say about it in her presence (or to anyone who might repeat the complaint to her) the more she'll feel... vindicated, justified, validated, whatever... and if she knows she got to you, she wins.
                                Plus, it's not really good for anybody if you come in to class smelling like you set a whorehouse on fire.
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X