No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys I have the last piece of strawberry custard pie, the queen of all pies, the food of the gods, the greatest grace a baker ever gave us, and I have. no. appetite. for. it.

In conclusion, fuck migraines, migraine 'hangovers', abdominal migraines (yay I learned a new thing that exists) and fuck my life too.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I've got Star Wars Heroes on my iPad and I just got my first two ships.

Tarkin's Executrix and a Geonosian ship.

Oh wait ... I already had a TIE fighter.

However, I just got the other two in a single hour's play. Yay me!
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I've had things where you get waves of pain alternating with relief. Never had waves of relief alternating with steady pain before.

Comment

• I have a lot of chronic pain in my legs and feet. When asked about it my usual reply is that it only hurts when my heart beats. Thankfully compression helps immensely with said pain. The compression brings on other challenges, never ending cycle.
          Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• Today I learnt that when they had a competition to rename the North West Territories, the winner was 'The North West Territories'.

The name in second place was.... Bob
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Watched the first episode of The Terror and am delighted, a rare thing when someone adapts a favorite book of mine. Casting is spot-on and the atmosphere matches the dread and desperation of the book perfectly. I hope they can keep it up!
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• It's APRIL. Why is it snowing?
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I feel almost normal today.

It's a new thing.

Comment

• I know I'm normal. The little voices tell me I am....
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                      Watched the first episode of The Terror and am delighted, a rare thing when someone adapts a favorite book of mine. Casting is spot-on and the atmosphere matches the dread and desperation of the book perfectly. I hope they can keep it up!
                      At the other end of the same vein, I just saw the movie Wrinkle In Time, and they didn't screw it up! No, it's not a shot-for-shot remake, and I was sorry to miss out on some of the original "stopovers", but some of them wouldn't have suited the screen well (I'm thinking the 2-D space and the Mother Thing) not to mention they would have made the movie drag for ages. And I do think they caught the spirit of the book.

Comment

• You know it's a good match when both your girl crushes end up bleeding. And hot damn Charlotte, I never saw anyone take an opponent off the top rope like you did Asuka. And you're friends now!

Comment

• Made a cashier's day today, I guess, when I bought him a couple of cookies for being so helpful. Judging by the look on his face, it's never happened before.

Made me feel good too though

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                            You know it's a good match when both your girl crushes end up bleeding.
                            It also proves they're old enough for you to have a crush on them

Comment

• ...Charlotte was bleeding from her arm. She IS said to be genetically superior, do maybe she just does things differently.

Comment

• Was that a silverfish or a centipede I just saw in the bathroom? Whatever it was the mice we have at work could put a saddle on it. Ew. It hasn't been that humid...but they are renovating the unit directly below us, so maybe the work scared something up.

*wonders what they're eating to get that big...or do I really want to know?*
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X