This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May he rest in peace. v_v
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Thank you for your kindness everyone. Right now, I just feel like I lost part of myself.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Sorry for your loss
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I too offer my condolences.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

*hugs*hugs*
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

So very sorry to hear that!
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm so sorry... my condolences to you and everyone in his circle of family and friends.
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

My deepest condolences and sympathies. I remember the unexpected death of my father, and the shock that followed. Some people, including me, find that it helps with such traumas, to listen to apropos music. For me, the song that embodies unexpected grief is James Taylor's "Fire and Rain".

Comment

Thank you. That song is perfect. The last time I saw my husband was in May. We were going to be together again this month. He was so excited about us spending the holidays together and now he's gone.

It's only been a week but sometimes it feels like forever and other times I expect to see him at his computer.

Even though we were apart a lot, he was my anchor. Now I just feel adrift.
                    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

This is what I think of when I think of those who have gone before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT8zLTaKxeE

There's also this poem:

Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
                      Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
                      For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow
                      Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
                      From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
                      Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,
                      And soonest our best men with thee do go,
                      Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
                      Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
                      And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
                      And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
                      And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?
                      One short sleep past, we wake eternally
                      And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
                          We were going to be together again this month. He was so excited about us spending the holidays together and now he's gone.

It's only been a week but sometimes it feels like forever and other times I expect to see him at his computer.

Even though we were apart a lot, he was my anchor. Now I just feel adrift.
                          My mom just lost her husband and the first few days she'd be on her way home from work (just can't take time off at all) wondering if he'd want her to pick up dinner for him. And a week ago I was looking at Christmas catalogs wondering what to get them. There is no them. It breaks my heart, that part about the holidays. Hugs!
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm so sorry.
                            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
                            X