This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big thank you

I believe several weeks/months ago someone wrote a post about how good the Mods here at CS are. I wish to echo that sentiment. Here is why:

I follow maybe 10 or 15 reddit subs (some I frequent some I only check in say once a week). Seeing the drama on support sub that I do frequent (even though I do not have what the sub is about I still like the read and occasionally/infrequently comment yes I am fogging out the details).

About 6 months ago this particular sub saw a huge increase in subscribers/members. then 2 months ago a users post got lifted by a nasty British tabloid and they published it unedited to their site meaning NOTHING got redacted or blacked out or hidden. This resulted in tons of trolls, meanies, and nasties swarming the the reddit sub and the Mods had to shut it down for 48 hours to remove all the shit piles that were left over.

NOW while all of this was going on the Mods themselves (going against their own posted rules) started to ban, shadowban, group sub ban, and deleting posts and comments for whatever reason (sometimes for NO reason). The Mods then started to shit talk, insult, demean, name call and other not so nice things of their own member base. They even admitted to making total fun of users in their private Mod Chat area.

Several Mods got real nasty and vindictive BUT one just went way off into not left field but somewhere past the parking lot. They told a bunch of users they were NOTHING and nobodies and other really nasty stuff they told them to fuck off.

The majority of the user base got up in arms and demanded action. cue cricket sounds. Finally several lesser Mods quit because of the situation and the hue and cry became louder till finally several senior Mods internet flounced out while nuking the sub from orbit (killed the style sheets, a bunch of behind the scenes support programs, a bunch of the archieves) and essentially killed the main group sub. One or two the Mods apparently are mods on multiple subs and are known to power trip and bully on those subs. BIG red flag

fallout is big time

That is one of the reasons I love it here and other places -- everyone follows the same rules, mostly the rules are understood, actions are taken when needed and the MODS do NOT POWER TRIP or bully or shit talk the members

Thank you for reading this.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

On behalf of the mod team -- Thanks! ^__^ We really do appreciate the kind words.

We do our best to keep this place civil and spam-free (and Fratching, too), but we couldn't do it without all of you awesome guys n' gals n' such keeping up your end of things and being cool.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X