This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just stop

The husband and I were shopping for new lighting in Home Depot last week. We were looking at the displays, saw the one we wanted only it wasn't on the shelves. Not only that, there was no space for it on the shelves. An employee happens to come down the aisle at that moment, so we snagged him and asked if he knew if any of those lights were in stock somewhere.

He looks and finds the number 7024 and is looking around. He can't find it and seems lost. Another employee comes down. The first employee explains the issue. The second guy walks to the shelf, pulls down a light and says here you go. We point out that we are looking for number 7024, not number 7015 and the light he is holding is silver, not rubbed copper (or whatever color they are calling it). He does this FIVE more times. Pulling down random lights and telling us it is what we want. We're looking at track lighting, he's pulling down chandeliers. I had to tell my husband that I was going to look down the other aisle, because I was getting annoyed. This guy was not listening to anything we said.

The original guy ended up figuring out the reason we couldn't find it, is that they cut it shorter for the display and the right one was actually mistocked behind some other lights.

It all ended happy, but damn, that second guy. I don't know if he was just trying to get us out of there or what, but that is the first time in forever that I actually had to walk away.

Definitely need to tell a manager. Can you imagine the SCs this would produce when someone picks out a light fixture from the display, gets handed one with "This is the one you want", and when they get home it's nothing like the one they wanted?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

So that's where that incompetent mechanic we fired went.... good to know he's at least somewhere with a roof over his head, if he looks up during a rainstorm, he's going to drown himself.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        So that's where that incompetent mechanic we fired went.... good to know he's at least somewhere with a roof over his head, if he looks up during a rainstorm, he's going to drown himself.
        I think we just thought of a way to help remove him from the gene pool.

"Hey, brah, come outside! The sky is crying!"
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

That is fail on so many levels. The last time I asked an HD employee where a specific item was, he pulled out his hand held, entered the sku and it told him the isle & shelf #. You can also get that from the HD website.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Wow. I'd much rather deal with an assistant who appears lost then a know-it-all. Nobody is perfect, and the first one actually rectified the problem anyway. With people like the second guy, you never know if they're good at their job or whether it's all bravado. I think we've all been conned into buying a crap/wrong product by a 'know-it-all' at least once!

Comment

Working...
            X