X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catfight!!!!

Paging MOD to the Deli! Now!!!

My Wednesday up to this point had been fine . . . check in vendors/set up bins and displays for the week's ad, handle reclaim, checked some dates on bagged dog food, etc.

Mid afternoon (round 1:30 or 2, can't recall what time exactly) I hear Ramona (our lead QA person) in the back room cussing up a storm and upset over our Deli Manager, who apparently wants to hog all the boxes of pop up wipes that the fresh departments use for cleaning.

Ramona is working in Produce today (she's closing person since our 2nd full timer is currently out w/2 broken ribs and has to go back to the doctor next week and our Produce Manager was off today) and was looking for a box to use but of course couldn't find any.

This had been a problem before that Ramona has addressed with management. She came back to me complaining about it last week (why does everybody come in the back to whine to ME? I'm not a manager. I can't settle disputes. I can't go and tell another employee to give something back and play nice, etc. IE, I really don't give a crap and just leave me alone and let me get on with my stuff and the only voices I want to hear are the ones arguing with each other in my head, but I digress.)

Anyway, I hear Blondie (our grocery manager) suggest she go to the Deli and remind the dept. manager again about the wipes (turned out last week the Deli Manager had 2 cases stashed away of these things upstairs in a storage room PLUS another 10 or so boxes. WTF???)

I'm in the back, scanning out dog food and boxing it up for reclaim (the empty bags that is after emptying them all in the dumpster right outside my door - I had a floatfull of out of dates that needed to be cleared out) and I hear Daria page Blondie up to the Deli "Blondie come to the Deli immediately!"

Oooh boy, this doesn't sound good at all . . . I have one ear open while a few seconds later I hear a second page for Blondie. It was Ma on the PA "Blondie come to the Deli - NOW!!"

I finish up what I'm doing and then I hear the back room doors in the distance slam open and Ramona's mouth in the breakroom. I walk out of the Receiving area, through the grocery back room, and down the hall to get my water and I see Ramona in the breakroom along w/2 of our stockers and one of the office girls. I stuck my head in and asked Ramona if she's okay.

"No I'm not! That bitch hit me and pulled a knife on me!"

According to Ramona (and I can't verify anything first hand b/c 1) I did not witness what transpired and 2) I've worked with Ramona long enough that I know she's prone to exaggeration and she's a drama llama) but she (Ramona) went to the Deli to talk with the manager about the wipes being missing. She had lightly touched Deli Manager on the shoulder and said "Name, could you come to the back? I'd like to talk to you" and Deli Manager responded by jerking back and hitting Ramona in the jaw while brandishing a knife.

Ramona claims she backed off and yelled at her to put the knife down, yadda yadda. Two stockers came up after hearing the yelling start and got in between the two while Blondie was paged. Ma told me later that she'd seen someone getting in between the two women to separate them until Blondie could get there. Then Ramona came out of the deli through the other side and was still yelling, at which point Blondie told her that was enough and go to the back.

So then Blondie tries to find out what's going on and the Deli Manager told her to get out of her department - that she had no business being back there.

Blondie had to call Baby Jesus (our AM) to come back to the store b/c of this. A short while later, as I was outside at the ice cream checking dates, BJ came up the aisle, shaking his head.

Then a bit later, Grasshopper came in (and he's on vacation this week. Good thing he didn't go out of town, I guess) and, along with BJ, had the Deli Manager in the breakroom (after talking to Ramona privately) to find out from both parties what happened. HR Lady has also been called.

Now they're both threatening to not only call Corporate on each other but also file charges against each other downtown. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if either (or both) were fired over this.

And I've been telling folks if I want drama, I'll write about it . . . now I'm having to deal with it at work. Funny how they forget to mention the live soap opera in the brochures . . .
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

St

That is all I can really say. Except for, keep your head down. You have the same problem I do of being everybody's "personal counselor" (ok, I am a good listener, but why me? Set-up a private account on some website and rant there. That is what I do. {/rant on being an unwilling counselor}). So I give it a 40% chance of having to talk to the police about what so-and-so said, and >1% of having to testify in court (any day that end at higher then a .001% is not a good day).

I wish you the best of luck. That is never a fun situation to be in.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I'm thinking there's no cameras so this is "he said, she said."

What a mess, your best course of action is to stay out of this as much as possible...

Comment

What we have here is an argument for legalized dueling.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          I'm thinking there's no cameras so this is "he said, she said."

What a mess, your best course of action is to stay out of this as much as possible...
          While we have cameras throughout the store, we don't have one pointing at the Deli department, so it's "she said, she said."

Both coworkers came in today. No other updates at this time, which is just as well.

Still a stupid mess IMHO.

And yes, while I will listen, I'm not getting involved. I have better things to do with my time.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Just curious: Why does the one woman hog all the wipes??
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Just curious: Why does the one woman hog all the wipes??
              If I heard correctly, it's her opinion that only her department uses them, so therefore they are all to be in her department. Nevermind that's she's had 2 managers tell her otherwise . . . she's one of those who's not gonna listen to nobody.

Just like her telling Blondie she had no business coming back there to the Deli - Blondie IS a manager (she's our Grocery Manager, but still a member of store management), therefore she has the right to show up back there if the situation warrants. I would think telling any manager that would fall under insubordination, but that's just me.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                What we have here is an argument for legalized dueling.
                In our state (KY) the new governor has to state as part of the official oath of office that he/she has never participated in a duel. That is no joke.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                  In our state (KY) the new governor has to state as part of the official oath of office that he/she has never participated in a duel. That is no joke.
                  But what if this individual had? Is the election then invalid?
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                    Well, there goes my hopes for public office. Thanks World of Warcraft.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Here is the entire oath:

You do solemnly swear that you will support
                      the Constitution of the United States
                      and the Constitution of this Commonwealth
                      and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky
                      so long as you continue a citizen thereof,
                      and that you will faithfully execute, to the best of your ability,
                      the office of Governor according to law;
                      and you do further solemnly swear that since the adoption
                      of the present Constitution, you, being a citizen of this State,
                      have not fought a duel with deadly weapons
                      within this State nor out of it, nor have you sent or
                      accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons,
                      nor have you acted as a second in carrying a challenge, nor
                      aided or assisted any person thus offending
                      so help you God.

Comment

Update

Heard an update earlier this week on the matter of the dueling not so GLOW girls:

Both have been terminated as of this past Saturday.

Even though Deli Manager held more of the responsibility in the matter b/c she had a knife in her hand and hit Ramona, b/c Ramona touched Deli Manger's shoulder (even though yes, she stepped back and didn't physically retaliate but verbally yell at her to put the f*^ng knife down) our policy apparently is to terminate both parties.

Which in a way does make sense, sad to say.

Now we're looking for a Deli Manager for our store on top of a part time Produce person, and I think another part time office person.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          our policy apparently is to terminate both parties.

Which in a way does make sense, sad to say.
                          Sorry to say, I agree with that decision.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                            Sorry to say, I agree with that decision.
                            Actually I do agree with that as well, even though it's not always fair.

Comment

Well, I'm sure there's more to it than that. Romona did go back there to confront the Deli gal. The touch was probably innocent, but inappropriate since that was the purpose of the encounter.

Then all the profanity and drama, which customers could probably hear.

I had to listen to two Golden Arches managers screaming at each other last week, over a scheduling issue from the sound of it. Then one of them stormed out of the restaurant, got in his muscle car and peeled out of the parking lot. I don't know if it'll go up the food chain, but I don't imagine the DM will take a fond view of managers fighting in front of customers.

I think the firing of both them was probably fair, and it does send a message: keep your personal disputes private.
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X