Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone like playing Guild Wars 1 and want a CS guild?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone like playing Guild Wars 1 and want a CS guild?

I played Guild Wars 1 back in the day and I have an empty guild complete with cape and guild hall (private island), private vendors and everything that we could use as a Customers Suck! guild. Would anyone be interested in playing?

Gonna guess by the deafening silence that's a "no".....

Comment

I don't play, myself. Sorrry, man. Give it a few more days -- this IS Memorial Day weekend, after all
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sorry, due to my limited budget, I threw in all my MMO's a while back, I only play an online MUD now, plus Diablo 3 from time to time. Never purchased Guild Wars and don't have the money to buy it now unless it happens to come up on humble bundle one day.
        Violets are blue,
        Roses are red,
        I bequeath to thee...
        A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Hmm. Good point---although I will point out that the game only costs $20 now, and that's for permanent access--no monthly fees. There IS stuff that costs money in the game to get, but always extra content, never anything game critical. There are three expansions that cost about $10 each, but you can play without them. For that matter, you can play with just an expansion if you want to.

Comment

I could also do some mid level farming to help people out with better gear at first.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
              Hmm. Good point---although I will point out that the game only costs $20 now, and that's for permanent access--no monthly fees. There IS stuff that costs money in the game to get, but always extra content, never anything game critical. There are three expansions that cost about $10 each, but you can play without them. For that matter, you can play with just an expansion if you want to.
              Hm, got a link to the vendor for GW1? I would consider giving it a shot for variety's sake. Well, also is there a specific server or private server?
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

http://www.guildwars.com. And I usually just play on the North America server, whichever is active. There aren't a ton of servers like WoW. A little bit of breakdown: Prophecies: The main game. Comes with 6 classes (Ranger, Necromancer, Mesmer/Illusionist, Warrior, Monk, and Elementalist) available and the largest game world. A basic fantasy world setting with no particular ethnic flavor. Also has the most character slots included.

Nightfall: The first expansion (can be played without owning Prophecies, as can all the expansions.) Has an African motif and unlocks 2 more classes (Dervish, Paragon) as well as a feature that allows you to get and level up customizable NPCs (called Heroes) you can add to your party.

Factions: The second expansion. Has an Asian motif. Unlocks two new classes (Assassin and Ritualist). Also introduces two factions into the game that you can choose to join for PvP purposes as well as a special battlefield zone for battle between the factions.

Each expansion comes with an entire continent's worth of zones, while Prophecies has the largest world of the three and the most character slots. The game also has the ability to choose a secondary class (with more liimited skills) to augment your first. For example, my first character is a Ranger/Warrior. Each setting also has a beginner area (Nightfall's and Factions's are persistent, the one for Prophecies is lost after the last quest.) If anyone who wants to play lets me know what kind of class they are thinking of playing, I will try to do a little farming for them as I come across drops.

Comment

And your character's name? I usually name my main Aruvqan, and for the heck of it I will have a go at playing a necro. There is actually a free trial I will give a shot.
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Racuda Stormhand is the one I can think of right now, but the names are all linked to my account. Let me know when you're on.

Comment

Anyone else? I would love to put a raid together sometime soon....

Comment

So, did you ever end up trying the free trial?

Comment

In case people change their minds, well, I've been stockpiling magic weapon components as I come across them. Snatching some up for my Heroes too. Equipping all my characters' heroes with decent gear is quite a challenge.

Comment

Working...
                          X