Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating snakes. (College Club Rant)

Since I was 17, and in high school, I was (then unofficially) a member of Japanese Student Association.

It was at the local state university, but after high school, I was a city college member. I speak Japanese pretty decently, and knew the culture, but because I wasn't a State student I couldn't be a higher officer, despite pleas for me to be so.

All I could do was be in charge of our food fair booth xD

However, in the past few years, the club "constitution", has been, rightfully so in my opinion, ignored.

It states that to be an officer you have to have a 3.0
    No City students or non-students can be members

A lot of our presidents were international students, so the average GPA was 2.5-3.5, but we never cared.

I was the first of many City students/Non students to be an active helping member.

Now, the past year, we had a certain president who wasn't the best for the club. She used to be a friend, but we had a huge tiff and just kept a cordial distance at best (I stopped attending meetings eventually because I knew I wasn't mature enough to be around her, and I didn't want to bring it to the club)

We had elections for the new president in the upcoming semester, and the old president ran against another friend of mine, who is young but had the connections and plans we needed to bring the club out of danger zone. (A lot of members that been around for years stopped coming after Old President got the job, and even the Japanese students wanted nothing to do with it.)

My friend won, but it was pretty close (by one vote)

The Old President started getting personally nasty, and when I confronted her about it, and other things that were not related to it, she blocked me. But had her boyfriend, the Old Vice President, play snake

The Old President was just fine with "non members" voting for her, cause hey, it helped her win. But all of a sudden, after her loss, she wants to exclude ME and a few others because "We shouldn't have voted for new Pres in first place"

But she wants to keep the non-members that voted for her.

When they were asking the advisor about the President's GPA, they kept giving my friend, who has a 2.75 GPA, nasty looks until the advisor said State requirements for an Office Position was State Student and a 2.0.

Yeah, take that.

This is a club, for god's sake. Being president isn't everything. Especially when no one comes around anymore.

My friend is nervous about facing them, but I know how these people are. They will try to control it but if she shows she can't be controlled, they will give up and stop coming. Now they're just looking for excuses to undermine her because they had a personal issue with her and me.

Fricking stupid
Working...
X