This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Roger Moore

At 89 after a battle with cancer. He will be missed.
    Last edited by taxguykarl; 05-25-2017, 03:08 PM.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

May he rest in peace. v_v
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

For real this time?

Oops, I guess so. Sorry.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Goodbye, Mr. Bond...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxwdlWwuEPE

Comment

Was never a fan of the James Bond franchise but nevertheless ... R.I.P., Mr. Moore.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Big fan of Bond, well my whole family are fans of the Bond movies.

Currently having a marathon of The Saint with my housemate. I've never seen it before and he is so young, so so young.

Sad to see him go.
            A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

When I first read the title, I thought the editor of Dragon magazine had died. As for the Saint, when I was young I built a plastic model of his car, and the box listed Ian Ogilvy as the actor playing Simon Templar.

Sean Connery was my favourite Bond, but I guess that for everyone the first Bond (or first Doctor) they see will always be their favourite.

It's sort of wierd that the current Bond (Daniel Craig) wasn't even born yet when the first 5 Bond movies were released.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Awesome story about the late Mister Moore:

https://twitter.com/teamfaceplant/st...055232/photo/1
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                X