This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insanity on the internet

I've been trying to stay away from Facebook because it's way too easy to get sucked down into the whirlpool of douchebagginess ... your own as well as everybody else's.

So I've been spending lots of time with YouTube videos playing in the background.

Mostly horror movies (most of which are so bad you find yourself rolling your eyes so much you can see your own brain).

However, last night I allowed myself to be led to a ... different channel. The word "conspiracy" figured in the name. The video itself was highly political in nature (not gonna give specifics as I'm not trying to get any Fratching started), and let's just say I didn't agree with the video's premise at ALL.

So I wrote a snarky comment.

Reply came back shortly. Let's call the commenter Definitely No Brains.

DNB: "[Pixelated], you better just STFU (he spelled it out in full), you *arglblarglyapyapyapELEVENTY!!!!* you *obscenity obscenity obscenity* n*****!"

Yep, you got that right. DNB used the "n" word at me.

I stared at it for a minute, got up, went into the bathroom, and peered into the mirror. Nope. Still pasty white.

Me: *another snarky comment*

DNB: "ARGLABLARGLA INSULT TO YOUR TRUCK STOP HO MOMMA, BOY!!!!"

Me: *don't need to go into the bathroom for this; I know I'm not a boy*

I wrote another snarky comment and then decided to call it a night on DNB. I think I spent maybe 5 minutes on this, which I admit was 4.5 minutes more than DNB deserved.

I think I'll stick to the cheesy horror movies in future.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Never go into the YouTube comments section.

That way, madness lies.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Yep. It can easily be as bad as FB.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

My boyfriend loves youtube comments on his channel, and encourages them all, even negative ones. He wants to know what people are thinking.

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Never go into the YouTube comments section.

That way, madness lies.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I hate that. I will be scrolling along reading interesting, civil opinions and then give mine and blammo, some idiot spews hate because someone dared to breathe in his presence, I guess.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've left a few comments for videos on YT if I like what I see. So far I'm subscribed to a few channels.

Just got an email earlier today from a user who remixes classic dance tunes from the 70's/80's that I discovered recently who loved my comment. I had found his channel when searching for a vintage Aretha Franklin song and found his video for it - it was so good I checked out his channel to see what else he had and now I've got it bookmarked to listen to quite frequently.

Glad he did . . . he has the BEST remixes and quite a good ear for what fits the songs that he remixes. He's got yet another fangirl.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Some of those remix channels can be really good!

I left a comment on another 'horror' movie, to the effect of "Lot of Darwin Award nominees in this movie."

One response was: "Pexilated, how many scripts have you excepted? mmmm, thought so."

All righty.

1) You've spelled my name wrong, even though it was right there in front of you.
              2) How many scripts have I "excepted"?!?
              3) Sentences start with an upper-case letter, even if you're mumbling ("Mmmm," not "mmmm")

I can see why you think this movie is a winner.
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                One response was: "Pexilated, how many scripts have you excepted? mmmm, thought so."
                That's the kind of response to criticism that really shows they don't handle criticism well.

I've seen similar responses in the pro wrestling fandom, particularly from wrestlers who don't like that a match of theirs isn't well-received. The gist of their response being "You've never worked a match, you aren't qualified to judge my work."

And a lot of film critics have never made a film themselves, but that doesn't stop them from doing it.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  ...And a lot of film critics have never made a film themselves, but that doesn't stop them from doing it.
                  Lazarus Long nailed it: A “critic” is a man who creates nothing and thereby feels qualified to judge the work of creative men. There is logic in this; he is unbiased—he hates all creative people equally.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I was absolutely not critiquing the film as a skilled/talented film critic would do. I just thought the characters were incredibly stupid. And AFAIK, the Insulted One had nothing to do with the film's creation.

The other line I love is, "Well, that's YOUR opinion."

DUH.

Who else's opinion would I be offering??
                    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I love the 'vegan' trolls on Youtube. Who I suspect might be nothing but trolls. It's hard to know for sure.

Comment

I don't have to be a chef to tell you a meal wasn't very good if it didn't taste good.

I don't have to be a mechanic to tell you your repair to my car was faulty if it came apart on the drive home.

ANd I don't have to be a movie director, or actor, or even the best boy to tell you that most horror films only "Work" plotwise because everyone in them has a sudden rush of stupid to the brains.
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

^^^ Exactly this.
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                            And I don't have to be a movie director, or actor, or even the best boy to tell you that most horror films only "Work" plotwise because everyone in them has a sudden rush of stupid to the brains.
                            Please note that the "everybody" referred to above includes the monster(s).
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I don't know if I'd agree with that ... if many of the characters weren't so freakin' stupid, the monster wouldn't get nearly as far as it usually does in those movies.

Definitely need to stay away from FB tonight. A politician said something that was mis-reported by one of our dumber papers and everybody is up in arms because most of 'em read only the headline written by the dumber paper.

I've given in to temptation a couple of times by posting the URL to the full text of what the politician said and writing in all caps "WHAT [DUMBER PAPER] SAID IS NOT WHAT [POLITICIAN] SAID. PLEASE READ THE WHOLE STORY."

Not sure it's doing any good, but I'm trying ...
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X