Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screw Jagger, I've Got Moves Like Ninja!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Told you I was redecorating. The old decor still BUGS me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

My sister had at least one bout of ninja-like reflexes. We were at some restaurant, TGI Fridays-type, and our table was up against a divider wall. The hostess went to move the table to give us a little more elbow room, and a bottle of ketchup that had been against the wall started to fall.

My sister immediately caught it. To everyone's amazement, including hers.

Quoth Jester View Post
      Now, as for the ninjability of some of our members to sneak up on people silently, I do not have that. And I am NOT a big guy at all. I'm just a noisy person, I guess.
      There's a trick to it. It's not just trying to move silently, it's about thinking yourself stealthy.

Ninja is not just skill, it's a state of mind.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Now that's going to fur. I can't decide if I want to pelt you with puns or warn you to look out for Elmer Fudd.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Going invisible is partly a state of mind. I can do it intentionally, but it also seems to happen spontaneously.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm not worried about Elmer. I've got great hunter antennae. You might even call them rabbit ears.

Quoth mathnerd View Post
            Now that's going to fur.
            I don't know that I've ever gone to fur. Not sure where it is. Can you give me directions to fur?

Hey, you give me shit about a typo, you better make sure you type very carefully, kid.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Nope. That one works with any iteration of the phoneme.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

When I went paintballing one time, we were playing CTF, so as a Distraction I threw a smoke grenade, only it didn't go so well, see, we were behind a shed, it had a door on our side, a door on their side and a window on our side that was opposite their door. I threw the smoke grenade through the window, with the intention of it going out the door and landing right where their flag was, only, it hit the doorframe and bounced in, without thinking I ran in through our door, dived, slid along the floor, managed to grab the grenade while still sliding, throw it out the door, again while still sliding, roll to my feet and run and grab their flag and run back, the smoke grenade covering my escape.

Thats just my out of the ordinary ninja moves, my normal everyday ninja moves include:

If *I* throw something up in the air, unless its extremely windy or something, I'l always catch it, even if it goes off in a direction a bit, or if i close my eyes or cant see it.

The next one, my flat has windows in the top of the doors, and each window has a sill about 2 inches wide, my ninja skill in that is being able to throw a ball up there and have the arc nailed down so well that it comes to a complete stop as soon as it touches the sill, and I mean complete stop. Throw it too hard, it'll bounce off the window backdown, not enough and it'll either not make it or hit the corner and bounce away. I've gotten so good at it that I don't even have to think about the arc now, and can even do it while walking through the doorway.
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I have a story from my days as a truck driver that might qualify as a ninja move. Short version: I brought my tractor trailer to a complete stop from 55 mph in under 100 feet, without jackknifing it, and thereby avoided flattening an out of control little econo car and its driver. When everything stopped moving, the car was facing me, directly in my lane, with about 3 feet between the front bumpers of the vehicles.
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    suspended in the air over a hare floor
                    Quoth Jester View Post
                    So... You're replacing the plate glass floor covering the pristine Playboy pinup collection?
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      [Eight hundred WB puns off the top of my head later....]

Didn't you have a thing about NOT-EATING-ANYTHING-THAT-TOUCHES-THE-FLOOR a few years back? I seem to remember the thread trailing off into some sort of "you don't wanna know" area, but maybe this explains it.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                        [Eight hundred WB puns off the top of my head later....]

Didn't you have a thing about NOT-EATING-ANYTHING-THAT-TOUCHES-THE-FLOOR a few years back? I seem to remember the thread trailing off into some sort of "you don't wanna know" area, but maybe this explains it.
                        I have seen the man's apartment. You may have something here.

(Okay, I'm just being mean. It's really not that bad. Well, mostly.)

Comment

I was accused of being a ninja once.

I was in Las Vegas with a friend. I was, well, drunk, and my friend accused me of being a ninja. See, I sleep walk, talk, and act out. It was in the middle of the night, and all of a sudden I knock over the clock radio, my glasses, and the lamp, and am crouching in my bed. My friend is wondering what the hell I'm doing. Since I'm asleep, I have no idea, and actually go back to full sleep.

He relayed the story to me the next morning when I wonder where the hell my glasses are.

To the main topic: I can't think of any things off hand where I'd have crazy moves. I'm sure I have, just can't think of any. Hell, the fishing opener, I slipped and fell on the ramp of the shed at the cabin, and my steak went flying. It was lost till I stepped on it, and my friend picked it up and ate it.

Yeah, there was a lot of beer involved.
                          Last edited by Victory Sabre; 05-24-2014, 02:44 AM.
                          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Not recently (that I recall), but when I was in Little League, my grandfather took me out to play catch. At one point I was messing with my cap, and he decided to pitch (trying to teach me to pay attention). Somehow I instinctively reached out and caught it, in my glove, without even really looking at the ball.

Best catch I ever made, and it didn't even count. :p

After reading the rest of the thread:
                            I too seem to have the unintentional sneak ability. I've scared more than a few coworkers that way.

SC
                            Last edited by BroSCFischer; 05-24-2014, 06:36 AM.
                            "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I had a fun "ninja moment" when I was working at the Phunny Pharm:

One hot summer afternoon, a wasp flied through our open window. My coworker "Chum-Chum" started freaking out, since she's allergic to wasp stings.

As I stood beside her speaking in a comforting tone, I rolled up some papers while listening to the buzz of the wasp, and when I sensed that the wasp was near me... WHAM! I managed to swat it without even looking at it.

The funniest bit is that I actually didn't kill the wasp, I simply STUNNED it... so I just took the wasp up with the papers I just swatted it with and eased it out the window again. And all was well with the world again.
                              A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                                Not only could I do the 'ninja' bit of sneaking up behind somebody (at one time I was 6'0 305lbs).. but I did shock somebody once.
                                6', >300 lbs also, and I walk rather quietly. I wind up startling people fairly often. On occasion they'll wind up off the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X