This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't do that a third time

So, after a long, hot day of driving ungrateful wretches wonderful passengers around, I finally finished up and cashed out. The cashier at the yard was out of large bills, so I got $280 in ten dollar bills. It's money, I'm good.

On the way home, I stop off for a cheap pizza. The customer in the next line over only had a $100 bill, and his cashier couldn't make change for it. Well, gee, I think someone here can solve THAT problem! I gave him ten tens and went back to minding my own business.

While my pizza is being brought out, that same cashiers says, "Excuse me sir, but can you do that again?" That's right, two customers in a row trying to buy a $5 pizza with hundreds. (And before anyone as, if it was some sort of scam, I can't figure out what it would be; they're both legit bills.)

I count out HIS tens, then turn back to my cashier... then turn back to the other girl and say, "For the record, I can't do that trick a third time."
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Quoth Deserted View Post
    ... then turn back to the other girl and say, "For the record, I can't do that trick a third time."
    That's what HE said... [/Snerk]
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
    X