This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do in the Florida Keys?

Hello, I don't post often, but I know there is at least one person on the boards from the Florida Keys. My husband and I are headed to the Keys for Christmas, and while he grew up in Key Largo, he hasn't lived there in many years. I was hoping for some suggestions of fun things to do while we are there. Thanks!

Shirley, you Jester. Go ahead and snark at everyone in Freezerwhatsoff, Slobbovia.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Slight correction: I am not FROM the Florida Keys, but I have LIVED here for the last 13 years.

So, feel free to PM me or post here, whichever you prefer, but I will try to help you in whatever way I can.

The first question I have is: are you going to be in Key West, or in the Upper or Middle Keys? I am very familiar with Key West and its goings on, as this is where I've been living all these years, but am not nearly as familiar with stuff to do in the Middle and Upper Keys, though I can always give you a couple dining recommendations, and if you want, I can contact my cousin who lives in the Upper Keys and ask her for some insight into what might be going on while you're here.

My second question is: when will you be here?

My third question is: what are you looking to do? To see? What kind of information are you looking for? The Keys have tons to do, tons of events, and it's hard to simply say, "Oh, this is what's going on."

However, there are some links to websites that may help you:

Calendar of Key West events

www.fla-keys.com

tripadvisor.com's list of Key West attractions

Another site with ideas for what to do in Key West

Key West Travel Guide

Key Largo and Upper Keys Visitor Guide

Islamorada Chamber of Commerce's Guide to Upcoming Events in the Upper Keys

Upper Keys Travel Planner

I'm sure there are other websites that might help you out as well. I don't necessarily endorse any of the above site; I simply used a little bit of google action to find sites that were geared towards informing visitors about what to do when down here.

But as I said, if you want to PM me or ask me further questions here, knock yourself out.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I've also got a question about the Florida Keys - can they be used to open the locks on the Panama Canal?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          I've also got a question about the Florida Keys - can they be used to open the locks on the Panama Canal?
          No. For that you need Panama Jack.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
          X