X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First tattoo (with pictures)

Hello everyone!

I just previewed the post, and I'm sorry that the pictures are HUGE. Awkward stare coming right at you! (Mod Edit: Fixed them for you. Click for full size. -Dave )

I got my first tattoo this Wednesday. A friend of mine just graduated from being an Apprentice to a Tattoo Artist. He's a wonderful artist and a sweetheart, so I wanted to do my first tattoo with him. I thought it was a good idea to go with someone I know and was comfortable with.

The pictures don't do it justice. The shading is so beautiful in person. His fellow artists and his shop owner kept coming by to look at it and say how great it looked.

It's based off of a print by an artist, Rebecca Ladds. Original print:

Various shots. Sorry that I look a bit disheveled. I got out of work and wanted to take pictures randomly.

Close up:

Awkward picture 1:

Awkward picture 2:

I'm obsessed with it.

It's currently in the healing process, so it's starting the scabbing thing.

But I'm already thinking about my next one.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 12-15-2012, 02:09 AM. Reason: oversized images

Very pretty! (And the tattoo too!) I have 4 tattoos, 5 if you count the name that's paired with my werewolf as a separate piece. I'm always on the lookout for good art to strike up inspiration for me and my tattoos. Though my ideas for "greatest tattoo ever" have been complete jokes rather than serious ideas.

(The TARDIS on a woman's genitalia or GIR Crying out his famous line of "But I need tacos, I need them or I will explode.... That happens to me sometimes" on a woman's inner thigh while looking up.)

And it's always been the case with me that as soon as the tattoo is done, I'm going "I want another tattoo."

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwww that's GORGEOUS. The workmanship is amazing!
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Thank you both!

I'm very pleased with it. I'm still thinking about my next one. Silly or serious? Only time will tell.

Right now it's itching.

Comment

Awesome. I really should take a pic of my latest one and post it sometime. (I did it in October and because its on my back I haven't taken a 'healed' pic yet.)
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

You should post it!

I'd love to see everyone's.

Comment

The photo is a little blurred, but this is my tat.

http://s5.beta.photobucket.com/user/...b5a29.jpg.html

The main design I gave the tattoo artist was two different images. There was originally a peace sign where the fairy was. I had him remove the peace sign and add the fairy picture I found. This is on my lower back. It's my first tattoo, but as you can see from the date stamp, I got it a few years ago.

I want to get another one. Just have to settle on a design, then save up the cash.
              "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

My first tattoo ever. A lovely band symbol of my friends' band. I got it when I was 18. I still love this tattoo, and they're still together.

My 2nd tattoo of a wolf paw print on the back of my neck. Some personally symbolism behind it, mostly I tell people it's because the barcode was too overdone.

My first DnD character with also my most common name I use out and about in games and online.

My latest one as the artist was working on it.

And My Johnny the Homicidal Maniac tattoo after it was done.

Comment

Heres the second tattoo of mine - awful picture just after it was done. Its mellowed to look a bit more 'stone carved' in greyscale and reddy/orange for the wingbones and tail spines.

I will get a real pic at some point.
                  Attached Files
                  I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

These are all great

Gizmo, I love the design. it's very unique.

Comment

It's beautiful and so are you.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Aw, thank you. You're so kind.

It's healing up nicely. The scabs are falling off and it isn't too itchy.

Comment

Working...
                        X