This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need supervision apparently.

I tried to melt chocolate in the oven in something not designed for the oven.

The fire's out now.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Um.... oops?

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post

The fire's out now.
      Another Seraphim!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post

The fire's out now.
        Did you not have a stove top to use the double boiler method?
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

It isn't the holidays until something in the kitchen catches fire and/or something that something that isn't supposed to melt does.
          This year I managed to set my glass cooktop on fire - still not sure how I managed that and on a different day - "smoked"/burned 6 cups of cashews - don't ask.

Comment

Glad to hear there were no permanent ... er ... effects ... And I agree with auntiem.

Comment

its not christmas in our family, unless someone breaks a christmas ornament....nothing so far...maybe thats why I'm convinced its not christmas yet
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

No..when you put a metal pot into a microwave..then you need supervision. Never seen my cousin jump so high in my life. *note : It was my cousin who did this, not me.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

i entirely understand. i made fudge from evaporated milk and tried cutting it out of the pan yesterday.

I broke the tip of the knife off TWICE in it. (I guess this is why you're suppose to use foil...).

it didn't dawn on me to try microwaving it to soften it up, but after I broke the knife tip off ... it might not have gone well anyway.

Comment

When I read that I thought this was a Seraph thread.
                    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      No..when you put a metal pot into a microwave..then you need supervision. Never seen my cousin jump so high in my life. *note : It was my cousin who did this, not me.
                      Try heating up soup in the microwave and forgetting about the small spoon that slipped down in the bowl, out of sight of oxygen and you.

Metal is a great spice, said no one ever!

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                        When I read that I thought this was a Seraph thread.
                        When I read the title I had to double check that it wasn't Seraph posting it.

Then I read the first post and had to recheck.
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

one of my shipmates almost caused a fire. she put the chrome-accented coffee carafe in a microwave because she wanted hot water. It never dawned on her to just run the coffee pot without coffee in it.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            i entirely understand. i made fudge from evaporated milk and tried cutting it out of the pan yesterday.

I broke the tip of the knife off TWICE in it. (I guess this is why you're suppose to use foil...).

it didn't dawn on me to try microwaving it to soften it up, but after I broke the knife tip off ... it might not have gone well anyway.
                            Are you sure you made Fudge and not Hard Toffee by mistake, either that or you used a terrible knife to try and do the cutting
                            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                              My ex was dumb enough to decide once to see if he could cook an egg (in it's shell) in the microwave, rather than properly hard boil it in water. Never did get all the egg out of the nooks & crannies in that microwave after it exploded.

Madness takes it's toll....
                              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X