This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, this is ... interesting ... or something

Got a card and gift from sis. Please note: they appear to be ONLY from sis. She signed her card to Mom with her name, her hubby's name and Niece's name. My card and package has only her name on them.

Those who may have read the few other posts in which she was a bit player know that she and I don't really have much in common and that I generally find her to be unpleasantly self-righteous and with little empathy for others. She seems to be a big fan of the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps; if you don't, too bad for you" school of thought.

Also noticed she appears to be sending out the latest photos of Niece but ... I didn't get one (unless it's in with my gift, which of course I have not yet opened ).

So am I being snubbed in some bizarre way, or am I reading way too much into this and need to find a constructive hobby??

I... I actually feel like she separated you on purpose, like, she doesn't want you to be assosiated with the others on the other card?

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it too....
    hm.

Comment

Thank you, iPanda! At least I don't seem to be the only one who thinks this is a tad weird.

Comment

The year I decided to discontinue visiting my father in <PA City>, my two sisters (who were still visiting) and I all received X-mas cards from my paternal grandparents.

Mine was the only one signed.

We all thought that was weird.

So, it COULD be a passive attempt to separate you. Or it could be that she wants you to know that the gift is from her (alone) so that she gets all the credit, if you like it. Or it could be a simple oversight.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

For us, if a gift for family or mutural friends is purchased, the card says it's from both hubby and me. However, if I spend loads of time making someone a gift, then it's from me. I'll let him get credit for my planning, shopping & picking it out, but I'll be darned if he gets credit for my craftwork.
          So could it be she made you something?

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

In families women tend to do a lo of the buying, organizing, wrapping etc. Maybe she just got tired and wrapped yours last or something and forgot to add the other names?

I'm just saying, don't assume family dysfunction just yet. There could be a lot of reasons.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Hey, guys, thanks for the suggestions. I admit we don't get along very well, which is why my first interpretation of this was not a good one. Merriweather, I'd be surprised if she did make something, as she is even less crafty than I (and has less time!) but it's certainly not impossible. Will have to wait and see.

As for whether there's PA hostility in there ... meh. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
              X