Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloodstained is on KS (Metroidvania-ish game)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodstained is on KS (Metroidvania-ish game)

The great grandpappy of Castlevania is Kickstartering a new game, Bloodstained. They're doing this as a way to prove to their potential "main" funders that the interest is out there, and they're also pulling a "Shadowrun: Hong Kong" thing, where the primary purpose of the KS is to make the game better.

It took a whole four hours to get funded. I'm sure folks can do better It's up to 19k backers and triple their minimum amount as of this writing. They've also blown through 7 stretch goals, including getting David (Solid Snake) Hayter as the voice of the primary antagonist, local co-op, and an additional playable character.

This is a separate company from Konami (not a bad thing, when you think about it), so it's a new setting/universe, etc. 2.D style, a la Symphony of the Night. He's also brought along several of his old CV buddies.

Looks promising ^_^ Go check out the video, if nothing else. Dude has a sense of humor.

Lame quote of the day, courtesy of their FAQ :

"WHAT IS A BACKER? ...
    A wonderful pile of sweetness!"
    Last edited by EricKei; 05-12-2015, 06:53 PM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Quoth EricKei View Post
    This is a separate company from Konami (not a bad thing, when you think about it)
    Given how Konami as a corporate entity has been behaving lately it's a VERY good thing they're not involved.

Hmm, looking over the info the game seems to be having more than a few similarities with Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia and a similar art style as well. Could work well as I felt OoE was better suited as a standalone story than part of the Castlevania lore.
    Last edited by lordlundar; 05-12-2015, 09:38 PM.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Between this, Mighty Number 9, and Yooka-Laylee, it's clear that devs have their heads up their asses and don't seem to know what gamers want. I'm excited to play all of these once they come out.

And speaking of Metroidvania titles, Axiom Verge comes out for the PC on Thursday. It's already on PS4 and it's great.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
      X