This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the moon were just one pixel...

This is how our solar system would appear, on that scale.

http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/...larsystem.html
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Try the "lightspeed" mode in the bottom-right corner.

Comment

I gave up after Jupiter and just used the buttons at the top.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

NOW I see the buttons, after I got to the end...
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

*cough*Blonde!*cough*
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Very interesting. Gives a good idea of scale of how big our solar system really is.

Alton Baker Park in Eugene, Oregon has a scale map of the solar system along one of the paths.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
            X