This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing places to vote...

Most places in the election just had a boring church hall or council office. Some however were more interesting... fancy a tank or a caravan or a golf course anyone?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ns-in-pictures

Psst... please can we only discuss unusual polling stations.The MOOBS (Modly Omniscient Overlordly Beings) have asked any discussion of the election itself go thataway
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Heh, our polling place is at our apartment complex's office. Dunno how that got arranged, but it covers the local neighborhood, not just the complex.
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Funny thing is, in my area most if not all, polling locations are churches.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

A few elections ago, one of our polling places was at the mall. Otherwise, though, they usually borrow one of the local elementary schools and/or a church for it.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Our Polling place is on the first floor of a retirement/extended care home.
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

My local polling station is an arena. Anytime there is an election they cancel practices and lessons and have open skate for the day as well as having the canteen open. You can go, skate, vote and buy hot chocolate.
            Last federal election they just caught the ice in time.
            Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I like the polling place in the bar. Combine something awesome, with something not as much.
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
              X