This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what did you think it meant

OK, so no particular SC... just had one push me over the edge...
    Why do people get upset when they put up a "do not disturb" sign and then get upset when housekeeping doesn't leave clean towels... hello asshat, entering your room to leave clean towels would be DISTURBING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

So apparently we are supposed to have some magical device that beams clean towels into rooms without actually opening the door and disturbing the occupants.

Same goes to the asshats who put up the sign and then get upset when their room isn't cleaned... because cleaning would disturb you... you can't have it both ways
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Great googly moogly, I thought people understood that DnD was either a game, or was something that you put up when you didn't want housekeeping in your room at all.

hold on, gotta stop my braincells from eating themselves in the process of trying to process this stupidity.

ah much better.

Comment

I stayed in a hotel recently. I ordered a different pillow and eagerly awaited its arrival. Eventually there was a very light little tap at the door. She had the pillow, but said she'd been a bit unsure whether to knock because of the DnD.

"Um ... no, that's my breakfast order, not the DnD card."

LOL!!

Comment

what i dislike is when they come in and clean despite the dnd cards.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          So apparently we are supposed to have some magical device that beams clean towels into rooms without actually opening the door and disturbing the occupants.
          Did you try searching the back room?
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
            Did you try searching the back room?
            yes, I tried the back room in the office, the back room in maintanence, the back room in housekeeping, I even tried the hotel's "magical" back room (aka wal-mart)... none of them had a device meeting those specifications... I have some engineering major friends though... maybe they can look through what we have and see if they can't make one
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              They exist I tell ya! It was on the newest episode of The Jetsons! Therefor all hotels MUST have it!!!

Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Don't you understand? All retail employees are expected to be fully trained ninja, complete with the arcane secrets that allow us to phase through walls so we won't disturb them with the noise of the opening door.

Oh, wait, but then we'd be able to do something when they got asshattish...

Yeah, I got nothing.
                "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
                  Don't you understand? All retail employees are expected to be fully trained ninja, complete with the arcane secrets that allow us to phase through walls so we won't disturb them with the noise of the opening door.

Oh, wait, but then we'd be able to do something when they got asshattish...

Yeah, I got nothing.
                  I don't think I could be a ninja, even if I didn't have to wear this ugly, yellow shirt.

SC
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                    I don't think I could be a ninja, even if I didn't have to wear this ugly, yellow shirt.

SC
                    Wait, you work for the Y's aquatics division, too?
                    "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
                      Wait, you work for the Y's aquatics division, too?
                      Let's call where I work a Terrific 9 Hotel.

SC
                      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        what i dislike is when they come in and clean despite the dnd cards.
                        Yeah - what is up with that? You'd think they'd be glad to have less work to do.

Comment

I'm one of those people that, unless we're staying somewhere for more than a few days, will leave the DnD sign up the whole time. I don't change my sheets every day at home, nor do I need new towels every day. And if I do, I'll usually call and ask the front desk for them and then go get them myself. With me, my husband and two small kids, our room is generally not the cleanest and there's no reason a maid needs to worry about what to do with what.

(My favorite though was when we were staying at this one hotel and the maid saw me coming back from the pool with my daughter. She knew we'd had the DnD up for two days, so she asked how many people there were and went and got me two sets of clean towels so we didn't have to worry about them. I thought it was very sweet.)

We still leave a tip for housekeeping when we leave, for cleaning the room once we're done, but there's no reason for them to need to clean our room while we're there. I hope they appreciate it.
                          I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Working...
                          X