This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
    And a guy last week asked me for the web address for some imaginary site that would allow him to download a software patch to make his CD-ROM on a WindowsME computer play Blu-Ray discs.
    oh, if only such a patch really did exist... then I wouldn't have to be saving up to buy a blu ray player (or wooing a potential roommate who already has one )
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

My PS3 = overpriced but often utilized Blu-ray player
      Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

The other one is when they get somebody else to ask the question, as happened to me once:

Two customers where having trouble starting their car. They had the bonnet open and were fiddling around inside. One enters the store, looks at the back wall where we keep all the spare parts that we carry (limited to globes, spark plugs, various belts and radiator hoses):

SC1: "Do you have a farnarkling flange for a Whatsitcars Potatomobile?"
        Me: "If you can't find it on the back wall there, then we don't have it."
        SC1: "Oh." (leaves)

30 seconds later, SC2 enters the store, looks at the spare parts section, then:

SC2: "Do you have a farnarkling flange for a Whatsitcars Potatomobile?"
        Me: "If you can't find it on the back wall there, then we don't have it."
        SC2: "Oh." (leaves)

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
          Not to threadjack, but I once got the immense pleasure of writing a 20 page book on typical customer behavior, and why it is wrong in every sense of the word. I dealt with issues such as 'labor laws' and the backroom that doesn't exist. I then got to hand this out in front of the Weis I once worked for.

The best part, if people bitched, I could honestly say 'Yea, I don't like it either, but I have to do it for a class.'

Can I please have a copy of this? (apologies for threadjacking)

I'll usually just buzz a supervisor/manager first BEFORE anything happens and at that point, they'll tell me, I hang up. If they complain either to me or to my sup, we can back one another up and state that we're following store policies or utilizing our discretion.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Many carry it too far, but I think part of the problem a lot of people have believing the sales associate is that with the turnover and lack of proper training these days there are a lot of times when the salesperson doesn't know what they are talking about and don't want to admit it.

Was in CircuitCity on Saturday on a mission to use my hoard of gift cards. One item I was interested in was a car charger for my cell (just bought a new phone and I refuse to pay $30.00 or more for an adapter from the provider). I had seen one on CC's web site for about $12.00 so thought I would check to see if they had any in stock while I was right there.

I was looking around the Accessories section when a salesperson approached and asked if I needed help with anything. I asked her where I could find a charger for my Kyocera. She told me "We don't stock any Kyocera accessories."
            I said fine (not always the same stock in store as on the Web) and happily bought a couple other things.

On my way back to the checkout..... What did I see????.... A peg board with Kyocera accessories. I did not want to ask her about which ones fit my phone because I hate embarrassing anyone so I just paid for my other stuff and left.

I should note that the reason I keep going back to that store is that this incident was an exception to the rule.

(Got the charger on eBay for $5.00.)
            Eben56
            If ultimately you let the people that fuck you over decide your attitude then they won.

Comment

Quoth Eben56 View Post
              I should note that the reason I keep going back to that store is that this incident was an exception to the rule.
              you mean there is a CC with helpful sales people

ok, that's not fair... I'm sure that there are good employees at (almost) every store on the planet... I just haven't run into any at CC myself yet.
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
              X