Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No warranty? No refund. He's a scammer, end of story.

But it's never that simple, is it? As we all know, we still have to deal with the scammers while they have their little tantrum in the lobby for all to see. When you factor bad publicity, embarressment, and the amount of time spent by employees dealing with this hack, it becomes an issue of which costs the store more. It feels right to tell this jerk good riddence, but the answer is never so simple.

I think it's time for one of your higher ups (wishful thinking, I know) to tell him NO. At least then he won't be doing the refund dance with you anymore. Well, we can hope, right?
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Silly as it might sound, I had no idea you were Canadian Ree. Hello to a fellow Canuck!

What region of our fine country are you in?
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

OK, so I think you can tell from the smiley overload how this thing panned out.

He got his freakin' refund and he still has the lights!!!

I made a claim for them, just to see if I could get credit, and I called HO to explain what happened. They want the damn lights back, so now I get to call the dude and tell him he has to cut his lights out of the concrete and bring them back.

I had forgotten to call about the new heads, and the guy showed up yesterday. The manager called me, and I bluffed a bit and stalled, then I quickly made a call. I was told parts weren't available. I asked her what we could do, and she told me it was up to us, but they would not warranty them.

I called our HO and was talking to a buyer to see what we could do, when the manager came walking back with an empty box from one of the lights and said, "Never mind. I gave him his money back. He called the company and they told him he can't get new parts. They said there's a 2-year warranty on them, anyway. They told him it didn't matter that they were in concrete, because they shouldn't rust. The guy stunk so bad, I wanted to get rid of him from the front. He was causing a scene."

Then he said, "I guess if you want to get your own way, that's a good plan. Don't shower for 2 weeks and then get in their face and they'll give you whatever you want just to get rid of you."

I was furious. The buyer said I had to talk to the credit department.

I am pissed off beyond words.

I was so mad that I called the company back and spoke with the woman I have been dealing with since this whole thing started. She said she had talked to the guy's wife...NOT HIM!
        She also said she did not say one word about the finish, as it never came up in the conversation.
        She did tell them that they would have to take up any warranty issue with our store.
        The arrogant ass lied to the manager.

I asked her how the heck we were expected to just hand over money and not expect to get any back from them. She said to just make my claim through the normal channels and it would be fine. That was when I called HO and spoke with the credit department again.
        When I explained that the manager had given them the money, but we didn't have the lights, she said, "Well that's not right. You should call and make him bring them back." That's when she stamped the claim for me to send the lights back.

When I told the manager that they wanted the lights back, he just shrugged. Then he put the blame on me for telling them we didn't have the lights.
        He said, "If you hadn't said that he still had the lights, they would have just credited you."

Next time I see that ass, I am running so far in the other direction. It shouldn't be hard to do. I will probably smell him before I even see him.
        Last edited by Ree; 10-03-2008, 11:31 PM.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

So...it's your fault for not lying about the situation. Just like jerkface stinky customer did. Yeah, get right on that.

Ah snap, now I remember what's missing. We need a drop-kick smiley.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Godblessit, I had an awful feeling this is how it would go down.

Does the manager realize what he did by caving to his stinky tantrum? He's guaranteed that this guy will come back again and again to take advantage of your store.

And blaming you for it seems pretty typical of the clowns you have for bosses. Didn't they blame you for stuff not getting done correctly when you weren't actually there to do it?

Ideally, it should be the guy who caved who should forced to make the guy bring the lights back, not you. But I know better than to think that's how it's going to work.

I'm sorry to get so emotional but I HATE when nice people like you are being treated like this. I wish I could actually do something about it.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I called the guy to tell him he had to bring his lights back. It was about what I expected.
              For the first time in 30 years of service, I hung up on a customer.

He was so rude and arrogant. He told me I was "out of the loop" as he had been given a refund already.
              I said, "I realize that, but you didn't return the merchandise. I need the lights in order for our store to get the money back from the company."
              He said, "That's your problem."

He claims he was told by the manager when he got his refund that he didn't have to bring the lights back.
              I said, "I don't know what you were told by the manager, but I submitted a claim to the company to be reimbursed by them, and they will not give us our money unless they have the product."

He went on about the manager of that department telling him he didn't need to bring anything back, and I said, "I handle the returns claims. He doesn't look after that end of things, so he would have no way of knowing that the company wanted the items back. I was not present when the refund was processed, but it is my job to submit the claims to the companies, and this was the result of that claim."
              He said, "That's not really my problem. That's an interdepartmental problem and it doesn't concern me."

Then he started spouting some garbage about common law and contracts and the fact that the manager had already told him he didn't have to return them meant I had no right to then ask him to bring them back.
              I said, "Well, if you want to discuss law, you still have merchandise for which you received full compensation."

He again said that the manager told him he did not have to bring them back, and started in again about being my problem and not his, and it was of no concern to him whether we got our money.

I hung up on him in midsentence.
              I simply didn't care anymore.

What an arrogant ass.

Oh well, there's always karma...
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I would have offered him a trade:

His refund, straight up, for a lovely gift basket consisting of soap, deodorant, mouthwash and toothpaste, chosen Just For Him, and his promise to use these items, and come back the next day and if he still stinks, then no refund.

But then again I'm fireable like that. Also there are several things wrong with me.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                X