This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wanted to grab the phone

I was working on an adjacent cubicle when I overheard this conversation going on. The basic situation was this: customer totalled his car in a collision, cars remaining value was ~20 K, insurance company paid for this less his 1 K deductable, csr was trying to recover this 1 K.

The argument had already began before I arrived and I was working for a good 15 minutes before it finally ended. It was a circular argument where the poor girl had to continually repeat and re-explain everything. The customer didn't understand the deductable, his insurance company was paying everything. He didn't understand the value of the car and how they were reaching that number. His final payment (that he never made) should be applied to this deductable... a) no, and b) you didn't make that damn payment. A few other chunks of bs were thrown in there but these were the main points that he was arguing. Clearly he was a) a complete idiot, or b) simply trying to annoy the girl into writing it off, but most likely he was c) both.

I have to give this girl credit, she kept her cool and stayed professional. But at the umpteenth time running through the same points, she was clearly losing it. I seriously wanted to pull the phone away from her and say something along the lines of "are you a f'n moron? How many f'n times does this have to be explained to you? You owe the f'n money dumbass. Pay it now or I'm paying you a visit." (aww, I can dream can't I). But before I could do this she finally gave up on him telling him to contact his insurance company if he has further questions.

She hung up the phone at this point and you could see the steam coming off of her. I let her know that she handled him very well. We had a brief laugh before she had to get outside for a cool down smoke.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Have you given her this site's address? I think she needs it.

Rapscallion

Comment

I'm thinking of doing up some business cards and dropping them on the desks of all the cubicles in that section. I've become a regular in the building and this type of thing seems to be a very common occurance.
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
      Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

evilhomer, if you do make up those cards... can I have some of them, I can give them out to the good flight crews (not mr how does the plane get his ego off the ground pilot obviously )
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

*waves his magic wand* NYAH!

http://customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=16828

I win.
          Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Working...
          X