This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh sure, let me just drop these...

I was getting some car batteries today out of our warehouse for one of the techs. To get to and from the warehouse I have to cross a paved area in front of the retail entrance. For those of you who haven't picked up a car battery, they weigh anywhere from 40-60 lbs depending on how big they are. These were for a diesel truck, which takes two big ones, which I had perched on my shoulders. Not the most comfortable place for them, but it is the easiest way to carry them into the shop. Cue the EW SC:

SC: Excuse me, I need some help with my car.

Me: <huffpuff heavy parts on my shoulders> One moment ma'am. I'll be right back.

SC: I MEAN I NEED HELP NOW!!

Me: Ma'am, these are heavy and I can't set them just anywhere. I. will. be. right. back.

SC: I'M LEAVING!!

Me: kthxbye.

20 minutes or so later, the bitch returns. I had already mentioned the exchange to my manager, so he was primed for her, and he had seen the exchange through the window.

SC: You. Your boss. NOW.

Me: Right-o. He's been waiting for you. <bitch >

She went into her fictional account of events about how I was lazy and unhelpful and rude and most likely a communist and turned into a wolf during the full moon yada yada. My boss listened for a minute quietly nodding.

SC: So, what are you going to do about HIM? <points at me>

Boss: Nothing. As I saw through the window, you wanted him to help you while he had over 100 lbs perched on his shoulders, and weren't willing to wait for him to put it down. You didn't even bother to come inside to see if someone else could help you.

SC: I'M LEAVING!!!

I'm kind of curious what was wrong with her car.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

What an entitled douchewaffle.

Oh, and props to the boss. The only thing that would make it better would be a manager's line from another thread...

"Can I get that in writing?"
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
      Oh, and props to the boss.
      Yeah, he's a good one.
      I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Something was probably dreadfully wrong with her car, but she was too much of a hyperbitch to get it fixed. Maybe karma will kick in and she'll bust through the front of her house.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

I think her personality just became contagious to the car, kinda like the flu. And it just gave up.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
            What an entitled douchewaffle.
            I've got a relative like that.

Every encounter with retail anybody turns into a contest of wills.

Everybody is out to rip her off.

Everybody mustmustMUST drop everything to help ME nownowNOW!

Anything bad that happens to her is a tragedy of biblical proportions, anything bad that happens to anybody else is just tough crap, deal with it.

Somehow she gets service that ranks from bad to AWFUL nearly everywhere she goes.

The whole WORLD hates me! What's wrong with the world?

Honestly kids, honestly, has anybody coming into your place with a full head of steam like that always gotten them what they want? Sometimes, sure, depending on how spineless management is, but not always.
            I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
              Somehow she gets service that ranks from bad to AWFUL nearly everywhere she goes.
              She probably actually does if she acts like a jerk everywhere she goes. I know I don't go out of my way to help people like that.
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post

The whole WORLD hates me! What's wrong with the world?
                self-fulfilling prophecy much??

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                  She probably actually does if she acts like a jerk everywhere she goes. I know I don't go out of my way to help people like that.
                  The missus and I have tried explaining the whole, you know, "be nice if you want people to be nice to you" thing.

Her eyes just kind of glaze over. She's got no clue WHAT we're talking about.
                  I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

I love stories like this.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X