Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 pet peeves I'd Like to share as a cashier.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my pet peeve.

When a customer just walks up to you and asks you where something is...WHEN YOU ARE COUNTING YOUR TILL! I can't stand people like that.They obviously see me counting money and they took upon themselves to walk to me instead of a worker who is CLEARLY doing nothing!

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
      In fact, it was in discussing the weather that I heard one of the cutest little stories from a customer.

He said, "My goodness, the weather has turned cold suddenly. I'm staying at the cottage and I noticed the Kee birds had returned."

I asked, "'Kee' birds? I don't think I've ever heard of them."

He said, "Yes, they're a small little bird that you see in cold weather. They have a really distinctive call. They perch on my deck and go, 'Kee, kee, kee, kee-rist, it's cold.'"

It gave me a laugh for the day.
      I would say you got a visit from my grandpa, but he's been dead for 4 years.

He used to tell that joke too.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Sometimes, when I have to go out in poor weather, I simply present my bedraggled self and remark cheerfully (and of course sarcastically), "Lovely weather, isn't it?"

Or, if it's absolutely pissing it down and I've got totally soaked as a result, I do a Kryten impression. "Drowned Rat Mode Activated."

Comment

as I am a delivery driver (and part of the job involves cashiering) I would like to offer a slightly different view on things

#1 pet peve - the weather. not only do I get comments ABOUT the weather but I have to deal DIRECTLY with it. I believe it was Tony Doughnuts that had a customer whine and wail about not getting a delivery in the MIDDLE of a tornado storm.

EVERY spring and winter it is the SAME thing over and over. People comment about you having to be out delivering to them while safe and sound with their fat butts firmly planted on the couch in a sever (read POURING and BLOWING rain) thunder and lighting storm or a raging white out condition snow blizzard.

Me - Hi you ordered blah bla b;lah and your total is $xx.yy
          SC - here ya go. MAN is it snowing/raining/blowing etc. GOD the weather is terrible. I do not know how you do it. Oh and you can keep the change. have a good safe night.
          or if they are paying by credit card they sign with flurish and put a big FAT 0 (zero) in the tip line sayin th same line about the weather.
          me - (I look at the bills they gave me and find it is a joke/keep the SMALL change tip) Thank you (and walk away while contemplating beating them to death with their pizza)

ya know I KNOW THE WEATHER IS CRAPPY. why remind me of that fact AND STIFF ME to boot. I just risked my life (literally) to get you your cheezey bland tasting pizza. sometimes I get soaked just runnning from my car to your door. I have also looked like Frosty the Snowman just going from car to to door

#2 peve coupons. the concept of coupons have been around for a long time. it is a little peice of paper that says get a special price or a certain dollar amount off of the item you are buying. nice simple concept right????? not with SC's

I have to deal with coupons on the phone, on the internet, and at the SC home/place of business

Please have said coupon or no special price. that is the policy of my franchize no exceptions except if you placed an internet order. HAVE the FRIGGIN coupon. Do not try and BS me that you "lost the coupon" in 30 minutes or you thought the coupon was not needed becuase "you used the same coupon the last time"

#3 deals -- like the OP's coupon Thursday we offer deals but only for a specific item or items. sometimes these are short term promo's and some are long term. SOMETIMES we do have the RAISE prices as our raw materials do go up in price and we have to pass that increase along to you.

so do not bitch at me if the deal YOU wanted is no longer offered. ALso if you want more than the deal, like extra toppings or extra stuff expect to PAY EXTRA for more.

a good example is our 3 or more for $5 each deal. this is a value pizza you have to buy 3 or more 1 topping pizzas to get the deal.

no I can not do 2 for $5 each. 3 or more for $5 each

that value pizza costs more because YOU wanted 5 toppings or a meat lover sorry those are not covered by the $5 deal. get over it. nope not false advertizing.

there are more but I may be getting into Fratching territory.

I wish I could get away with LordLundar's line about feeling homicidal but I could get fired if I actually said that to a serial stiffer

do not dismiss some of these things as "minor" and to just ignore them.
          Last edited by Racket_Man; 10-04-2008, 10:52 PM.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
            It is just small talk. It can be a conversational opener. It is after all something that everyone has in common.
            Hm.. okay, I take my post back. The rain was pretty insane today, and I'll admit that I was the one who brought up the weather a few times!! :-P

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
              In Britain, talking about the weather is a national pastime. If you got pissed off at it, you'd be pissed off at everybody.
              I got that way when I was in retail. "Yes, it is raining. I've been able to see it out the huge window that fronts the place all day." "Yes, it is hot - I've been able to tell by the way I'm stood in a puddle of sweat."

Aye, I annoyed some people.

Rapscallion

Comment

The Weather

I don't mind talking about the weather. Is it a mundane topic? Obviously, but it affects us all and is tangible. It's also an "inert" subject, suitable for the general public and behind the cash register. It doesn't have to be anything more than a casual greeting.

Comment

Working...
                X