Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My SC compilation (tooo long! *kinda racist*)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SC compilation (tooo long! *kinda racist*)

Hey there! my first post here, been lurking for a few months though!

Well where do i start. I work in a tourist center, upper class kinda things.. you know expensive. draws in a lot of snobs

I work in a food shop which can get very busy at times and is set up with two tills and a deli seperating them, making it about 4 meters between the two tills... So most days about noon, we get a rush of people and im the only one operating the tills... so as most people would do, i stick to one til so that i can get one queue formed and work my way through them the best i can. but nope, the SC's dont seem to understand the concept of that. so alot of the time i see people stood at the other till trying to wave me over etc, even though theres a queue at my current it. at first i would stress about it and try and remember which order everyone came to the counter.
    not any more... nowadays i just totally ignore the other till. i gets some customers FUMING. One old couple were stood waiting at the other side for about 5 minutes, then came, pushed into the queue and started mouthing off at me "why were you ignoring us, your customer service is apalling" blah blah. so i got my verbal warning for that one (my company works on a policy of 3 warnings, verbal, written, final, then.. YOUR OUT!)

With food, a lot of things go out of date, so we knock it to 25%off if it goes out of date tomorrow... but if it goes out of date today its knocked to 50% off.

Now can you answer me this, you have some chicken which is 50% off, and then a chopping board, and then some chutney. If the chicken has a 50% off sticker, do you think that means you get 50% off your whole purchase? a £90 chopping board for £45 cause you found the magic 50% off sticker on some chicken? yeah ive actually had someone ask me that before.

RACISM HERE

back to the whole queueing thingy, about 10 people at my till, not forming a proper queue (people were queuing the right way, then some old ladies came and formed a queue the different direction) so naturally. i left the old ladies til last as they had pushed in, but just before them, i served a german family, who werent great at english, but we got by... then as they walked off, the old people started discussing how "in this country we know how to queue" and "we respect other people and dont push in like those 'nazi' germans"...... my response..... "im actually half german. let me go get someone else to serve you"... the look on there faces was immense.... bright red! lol

To end on something lighter, one thing that always guarentees a smile, is when a customer says "ill have a paper bag, not a plastic one. doing my bit to save the trees"

Apologies for the length! had some venting to do!

Welcome to CS!

Quoth alvone View Post
    One old couple were stood waiting at the other side for about 5 minutes, then came, pushed into the queue and started mouthing off at me "why were you ignoring us, your customer service is apalling" blah blah. so i got my verbal warning for that one (my company works on a policy of 3 warnings, verbal, written, final, then.. YOUR OUT!)
    Obviously, you were supposed to clone yourself so you could serve both tills at once.

But seriously, its upsetting that that you got a warning for that. Did they give you any helpful suggestions in how to bend the laws of space and time to avoid having it happen again?

Quoth alvone View Post
    "in this country we know how to queue" and "we respect other people and dont push in like those 'nazi' germans
    Nice. Not only are they racist, they are also unobservant, passive-agressive, loud-mouthed hypocrites. I hope you don't get in trouble for refusing to serve them.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Is it at all possible to get them to let you have/make a "Please use other Register" sign?
      I can't beleive they gave you a verbal warning because someone was stupid enough to stand in a non-existant line.
      I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose. ~George Carlin.

Comment

There's no doubt many people on this board with similar or worse stories than mine, but I recently had a seemingly sweet customer go off about how the people ahead of her should learn to speak English if they want to be in our country. Because the ladies ahead of her were chatting with each other in another language. At least the ranty customer waited until they left and I just pretended I didn't hear anything. Frankly, I could care less what language you speak, where you're from, or if you're purple. If you're polite to me and let me do my job efficiently, aces to you.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

People who get pissed at "dem dam farr-nurz" for talking TO EACH OTHER in their native language just piss me off. I could understand their anger if the "farr-nurz" were talking to THEM or to ME in their language and expect instant understanding, but I figure, let them say whatever they like in their own language.

I had a former coworker a few years ago who said something like that TO ANOTHER COWORKER, who was coming off her break and finishing a conversation on her cell phone, speaking Spanish to her family. Asshole Coworker made the "you're gonna live here, speak the language" crack to her, and offended just about every other coworker in the store for his ignorant talk.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
            But seriously, its upsetting that that you got a warning for that. Did they give you any helpful suggestions in how to bend the laws of space and time to avoid having it happen again?
            Just what I was thinking. If you get a warning for that it seems like the kinda place I wouldn't want to work at.

Quoth Raventhistle View Post
            Is it at all possible to get them to let you have/make a "Please use other Register" sign?
            I can't beleive they gave you a verbal warning because someone was stupid enough to stand in a non-existant line.
            Sadly that probably wouldn't work in all cases. As we all know when something is made idiot proof they make better idiots. I've had people stand at empty registers with closed signs before.

Once some genius woman stood at a register with a closed sign behind me where I couldn't see her. No telling how long she was there, I believe she said it was some long amount of time; but I never trust an SC's time telling abilities. Finally she just started shouting at me about how I was "taking everyone ahead of her". I then noticed she was there and said "uhhh that register is closed" She shouted that she doesn't care because she was waiting. For some reason the customers took her side. LOL Ok whatever I'm not the one waiting in line, what do I care if she goes next? ( to thread jack here) And
            wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
            ----
            Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Quoth alvone View Post
              "im actually half german. let me go get someone else to serve you"... the look on there faces was immense.... bright red! lol
              Good for you! If I was you I would page a manager down and tell them what they said about my people where the customer is!!
              Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                Nice. Not only are they racist, they are also unobservant, passive-agressive, loud-mouthed hypocrites. I hope you don't get in trouble for refusing to serve them.
                I'm confident that she won't!
                Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Time to start looking for another job, I'd say.
                  Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

haha nar my supervisor was fine with serving them... and i personally wasnt offended by the racist comment... but if the people i was serving beforehand had overheard im sure they would of been a bit upset!

Yeah, some of my managers are a bit arse'y.... they got a complaint form posted to them... it said my name, it said what i did, so obviously theres only one side to the story!

otakuneko, already on it hehe

Comment

How out of touch with the past 60 years were those women?

I mean, if I were there ahead of them, would they have cursed me as a "damned Colonial"?

I mean, seriously, the war's over. Let it go.

Edit: I'm American, and I know how to queue properly.
                      Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Welcome!

You got a verbal warning because of THAT? It's not your fault management can't seem to put more ppl on the tills when it gets busy.

Good job with the racist, old biddies! I do kinda feel for them though, they probably lived through WWII, although that doesn't excuse their behavior in this day and age.
                        Check out my cosplay social group!
                        http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Lemme guess--your management is really big on "outstanding customer service."

I am extremely leery of companies like this. If I had the misfortune of encountering a bunch of fuckhorns with unrealistic expectations and worthless complaints about me, my job could be in jeopardy through no fault of my own.

I fail to see how moving to another till when you've already got a line at the first one is worthy of starting the termination process. But then again I'm not in management so what do I know?
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth TheComputerError View Post
                            How out of touch with the past 60 years were those women?

I mean, if I were there ahead of them, would they have cursed me as a "damned Colonial"?

I mean, seriously, the war's over. Let it go.

Edit: I'm American, and I know how to queue properly.
                            Apparently the rock under which they resided got tired of them and kicked them out for the day - it needed a break.

Still, they needed a lesson in manners and it seems they got one. Of course, I'd have refused them service as well had they not only started bashing the Germans (my last name is an Americanization of an old German name) or the Native Americans (don't look it, but I'm 1/4 Cherokee) or started up on the Irish (which is on my mom's side.) And they're all noted for high temperament, so there is the potential there for triple trouble.

IOW, they needed to just keep their traps shut period. They're likely to live longer that way.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                            X