This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exit with one 24hr restaurant

Couple things I hate hearing working in a hotel, and the night shift...

Lemme get something straight. This is the largest town in Montana. Yeah, there are a lot of things to do here & there is a lot here. BUT, being the largest town in Montana doesn't mean much after 10pm. The last census put the total of the area at 107,000. Now, that isn't enough of a population to have tons & tons of 24hr restaurants for the visitors. Wendy's stays open past midnight, Burger King is 24hrs, Hardees is 24 hrs, Perkins stays open til 2am, Denny's & IHOP are 24 hrs...and they are spread throughout the city.

The exit the hotel is on, however, has only DQ, McDolands, Subway, Burger King, a Mexican Restaurant, and a Pub next door (that are within walking distance). One of these serves food after midnight (BK). Now, I am very aware that this kinda sucks. People need to realize that I work at the hotel... But what do I hear sooo very often after 10pm as if I can help it???

SCs: There is nothing open!!!!ELEVENTY!!!

They don't want to hear about Burger King, nor places that at still open in the area...cuz OMG they have to drive there or get a ride. Oh & only Pizza places deliver from 10-midnight.

I feel bad for people who merely shipped in for the night & are taking a flight out early in the morning but I can't do a darn thing about the restaurants in the area & frankly all of these people freaking out at me is useless air useage!

Can ya tell is drives me nuts?!
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Same situation, but in small town PA. Most nights there are literally NO restaraunts of any sort open after midnight (weekends most close by 1AM).

Therefore if you need food, you need to hit the grocer 'round these parts, and there ain't too many of them open 24 hrs.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

my town has 2 stores and, I think, 2 restaurants that are open 24 hours, counting multiple locations in the same chain as 1

Comment

Then there is where I work... there is a plethora of places open 24 hours... people are just upset that *gasp* none are within walking distance (actually Denny's is, but people are lazy and don't consider half a mile walking distance ) And terror of all terrors if you want something other than the pizza place next door, the old mom and pop place in the parking lot, the denny's down the road, or the half a dozen fast food places within half a mile, you'll have to *gasp* get back on the freeway (in fairness, the part of the valley that the hotel is in is a bleek dark place with very few 24 hour establishments compared to the rest of the valley, hell the nearest wal-mart isn't even 24 hour, but if you're willing to drive to other parts of the valley there is plenty of 24hr establishments).
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Of course it probably doesn't occur to any of those dinks that they should probably eat during the day, instead of waiting until the middle of the night...
          "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

You could make some decent cash with a mini-fridge, various frozen burritos, some sour cream, and a microwave.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

true. most hotels i've seen also have a small store in the hotel, usually overpriced, but hey great thing to have at 2am right? if you want cheap that's when you go out and find it yourself

Comment

Your posts always leave me confused. How can someone be upset while vacationing in Montana? Oh and why aren't these people fishing or hunting? It's MONTANA!

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                  Your posts always leave me confused. How can someone be upset while vacationing in Montana? Oh and why aren't these people fishing or hunting? It's MONTANA!
                  Logic + SC = Confusion

The CS Theorem. Learn it well.

S. C.
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

All the restaurants near my current hotel are only within driving distance; nothing within walking (and boy, do the people from <country> really bitch about it!). And the only places still open when I get off work? Denny's, IHOP and Hooters.

I swear to The Flying Spaghetti Monster in the Sky, that I'm going to have a little convenience store in my freaking hotel!
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                      All the restaurants near my current hotel are only within driving distance; nothing within walking (and boy, do the people from <country> really bitch about it!). !
                      oh, I bet I know which people you're talking about, they have the same complaint with me... my favorite is the people (specifically from <country>) who will complain that if they want to go further than what they can walk our only options for buses are (might want to sit down, this will take a while... oh and xx/yy refers to peek/off peek) a stop across the street every 30/60min, one a block away that's also every 30/60 min, one a block the other direction that is every 60/none and one that is half a mile away that is every 15/30... all of which will take you into downtown... but it's just oh so difficult to get around without a car

eta- sense it is fitting with this post... these are the same people who will say things like "but isn't America supposed to be the land of skyscrapers in the city, white picket fences in the suburb, and no one ever sleeps" ... sorry, no, that is New York... if that's what you're looking for you are a few thousand miles off... better luck next vacation.
                      Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 10-04-2008, 12:39 AM.
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Your posts always leave me confused. How can someone be upset while vacationing in Montana?
                        Montana... I hate the state. But I have a reason for it. Every single time we went through it, we broke down inside the state. It got to where I was ready to go through Saskatchewan just to avoid breaking down, high gas prices be damned.

Oh and why aren't these people fishing or hunting? It's MONTANA!
                        Broadly speaking, there are three types of people who vacation in more rural areas. Those who understand what "rural" means, those who get a bit of culture shock but are still willing to have an adventure, and idiots.

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
                          Of course it probably doesn't occur to any of those dinks that they should probably eat during the day, instead of waiting until the middle of the night...
                          Not everyone is diurnal.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                            All the restaurants near my current hotel are only within driving distance; nothing within walking (and boy, do the people from <country> really bitch about it!). And the only places still open when I get off work? Denny's, IHOP and Hooters.

I swear to The Flying Spaghetti Monster in the Sky, that I'm going to have a little convenience store in my freaking hotel!

Okay so we have vending machines with snacks and stuff, and a 24hr gas station within walking distance with such items....they want A RESTAUTANT. Nothing pleases the SC.
                            When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

You know if all else fails, find a 24 hour gas station and load up on some munchies. That's what I have done many a time on long road trips.
                              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                              X