This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 customers arguing

So I have been at my new job for about a month now. We recently got a newer person in. I was manning the register, and she was on the floor helping another customer out. We have a bell on the door that let's us know when someone comes in.

I had just finished waiting on a customer when another one entered, so I couldn't greet this man. Now keep in mind, we are a small store, only have 3 aisles, and have a small backroom. We are a chain store that sells beauty products. Anyways, this guy asked my co-worker who I will call L. Well L asks the guy if he needs any help, since she had just finished helping another customer. The guy is mean to her from the start. He barks at her and asks if she knows if the store has any of a certain hair dye, she says please wait one minute, and she will go and check in the backroom.There was none currently on the shelf. That is where we keep everything, and if we don't have it, we don't have in until hopefully truck day. As it turns out we don't have it. She then informs the guy of this.

He then shouts as her and asks her what kind of store is this? He then says you guys should have this in stock always. She says that we normally do, but we are out at the moment. Meanwhile, a customer who was the only customer in the store at the moment, thankfully. Now she is wearing a name tag from her place of work. The guy then starts to yell at her as well, thinking that she worked there, and asked her those questions as well. She told the customer that he didn't have to be rude, and said all the things to the customer, that I know that L was thinking. The woman customer wins the argument and the guy leaves in a huff.

Now I was upfront with a look on my face, and was hoping that he wouldn't talk to me, and thankfully he did not. L, once the guy left, called the manager at her home and informed her of what went on. She said that was all that could be done with the customer. She then joked that she never gets any of these customers and that all them seem to come in when she doesn't work.
    "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

I would get involved in the situation only when I know who instigated it. based on that I would explain to that person to tell me if there is a problem and to stop harassing the other person. If the person doesn't co-operate and listen to what I have to say then I get management. If physical contact is applied then I get security. If I don't know who instigated the argument then I use a standard paging code from our store.
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Couldn't do much. It was just L and I in the store, and the manager was at home. It it went on any longer, I was right by the phone and would called the cops.
      "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

i do feel bad for you guys tho. granted it's nice to see another customer say what you want to... but it sounds like the guy thought it was one of your co-workers so you might end up paying for it anyway if he complains enough.

even tho he did deserve it

Comment

We did call the manager at home and told her what went down. She says we should be fine, just as long as she was told about it.

Comment

That's the kind of customers we need more of. Not the boorish retarded guy but people that are willing to stand up for others who can't always fight back.

Way to go Lady

Comment

Working...
            X