This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupons are AWESOME!

Because, they totally are, just the most awesome things EVER, omg! LIKE AWESOME, and stuff.

I swear to god, if corporate doesn't stop changing the shit about the coupon policy and how coupons are going to get to customers, I might go a bit more crazy.

The craft store used to let folks sign for the coupon. You'd come in, say "oh me, oh my, I left it on the kitchen table/my dog ate it/oh I'm going to die tomorrow...can I sign for a coupon?" And we'd say let 'em. We stopped doing that.

In June.

It's October. Regular customers should really have gotten that memo by now.

Corporate said "we're not doing the log anymore, tell 'em to sign up at the website for email coupons". And so we did.

And customers signed up, and they waited, and waited, and...some of them didn't get any coupons in their email. So, they'd come through the lines, and...get to the register, and ask to sign for the coupon, and they'd get told "sorry, we don't do that anymore." And they'd go ballistic. I swear, I've had more people go off about the stupid coupon than any other thing in the store. To all the assholes who need to get crap for 40% off, could you not be as dickish to the cashiers as humanly possible?

For a bit there, corporate sent us ads, extra ads with coupons, to hand out to customers. Those were nifty, only our customers would grab a handful of them...and we'd be out by Monday morning. Customers would come through the line with 16 items, wanting to do 16 separate purchases. Because "one coupon, per customer, per day" that's one the thing? Doesn't apply to them. They'd get pissy with us.

Recently, corporate is sending the stores...ads with no coupon. We put them out. Greedy customers pick them up on Sunday, by the dozen.

We found them in piles throughout the store, where they'd dumped them, when they realized there were no coupons in them. This makes me happy.

I had two customers last week who were just astonished that in order to get the discount from the coupon, they needed the actual coupon. I know! It's amazing. "Can I just sign for it?".

No.

And seriously, "20% off of regular priced purchase" means that ...it'll come off of shit that is NOT ON SALE. And no, if you pick something up that is marked as 40% off, you cannot use your coupon on it. Because. It's not REGULAR priced.

Oh, and then corporate decided they needed to piss off customers even more. They said..."oh, they like to get books here for cheap....lets make it so they can't use the coupons on 'em".

That's gone over well. I've had customers throw the books, when they weren't able to use the coupons on them. It's printed on the fucking coupon. I'm not lying to you, If you throw it at me, I'm liable to throw the damned thing back.

Change is in the air though. I'm afraid they might bring back that stupid assed coupon log and all the drama surrounding it.

Customers ask me about coupons now, I just want to crawl into a hole and die.

The fun season has begun. It's only downhill from here, until January, I suppose.
    you are = you're. not "your".

what's annoying is we have these 10% off coupons that customers got in the mail or something and it will not let us input them. we have to punch in the bill amount at a certain code and it's always like "max weight = 29.99" or some crap so it requires a supervisor every time. really annoying. one time I got like 5 in a row.

Comment

For a bit there, corporate sent us ads, extra ads with coupons, to hand out to customers. Those were nifty, only our customers would grab a handful of them...and we'd be out by Monday morning. Customers would come through the line with 16 items, wanting to do 16 separate purchases. Because "one coupon, per customer, per day" that's one the thing? Doesn't apply to them. They'd get pissy with us.
      Should just keep a stash of coupons at the registers, if they're going to do that. That way the cashiers control who gets them. I mean, you know, everyone can have one, they just can't grab them by the handful anymore.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

BE has a good idea, IMO.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

BE has a good idea there. Then you can be Coupon Control, and make sure the "one per customer per day" actually gets inforced.

Comment

The thing that gets me is that people have thrown books at you, that is dangerous and would seriously piss me off. Just because they didn't get their stupid discount. I have two words for these people... GROW UP!!
            It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Should just keep a stash of coupons at the registers, if they're going to do that. That way the cashiers control who gets them. I mean, you know, everyone can have one, they just can't grab them by the handful anymore.
              I would have loved to have done that (and it had been suggested), but corporate or the district manager (both?) dictated that they be out where customers could scoop them up by the handful.

Irritates me.
              you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                I would have loved to have done that (and it had been suggested), but corporate or the district manager (both?) dictated that they be out where customers could scoop them up by the handful.

Irritates me.
                Well, of course...after all, if it makes sense...*cue Becks to finish the phrase*
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  *cue Becks to finish the phrase*
                  ...it's not allowed™®©.

Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth chinashirtgirl View Post
                    The thing that gets me is that people have thrown books at you, that is dangerous and would seriously piss me off. Just because they didn't get their stupid discount. I have two words for these people... GROW UP!!
                    Knowing where SA works, having worked there myself, the books were more along the lines of magazines than book books, less hard bound, more flexible paper... but still deadly! Damn origami knives...
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                      corporate or the district manager (both?) dictated that they be out where customers could scoop them up by the handful.
                      Irritates me.
                      Perhaps you should scoop them up preemptively while no one is looking and throw them away.

Comment

Working...
                      X