This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we need some cell rules.

With cell phone becoming a everyday thing,I think everyone should have to learn some rules.I think there should be a rule book that you have to read before they let you have one.

Today I'm in my store and there is a random idiot in the hotel lobby.His cell phone has been going off for 25 mins. Its this really loud annoying instrumental version of some song. Its so loud that the hotel front desk is even getting annoyed. This moron will not shut it off or answer it. So finally after 25 mins someone at the front desk has to go over and tell him to shut it off. WHY!!!!!!!!

Do people just have no consideration for those around them????

You are correct - some people have no consideration for others. Most people, in fact.
    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
      Do people just have no consideration for those around them????
      None at all. Which, by a curious coincidence, is exactly how much how much noise these people will need to hear before they complain to the hotel that their neighbors are keeping them up at night.
      Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

With cell phone becoming a everyday thing,I think everyone should have to learn some rules.I think there should be a rule book that you have to read before they let you have one.
        SC: Rules?[BLANK STARE]. Those are for other people-they don't apply to me.

Yes, I agree that some kind of cell phone rules are needed. Too bad, store-wide jammers are illegal.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I want to know who was calling him and letting it ring for 25 minutes... they should be given a lesson about rules too.
          Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
            I want to know who was calling him and letting it ring for 25 minutes... they should be given a lesson about rules too.
            To be fair it could have been an emergency.

I prefer the foamy the squirrel ring tone which is a voice clip of foamy "Follow the sound of my voice and kill who ever you find holding the phone." Quote Foamy: I bet those f**ers will answer the phone real fast if they use this as their ring tone.
            Last edited by Chanlin; 10-06-2008, 10:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Chanlin: BWAHAHAHAHAH.

I wonder if my pay as you go phone can have that ringtone....
              Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

www.illwillpress.com is the homepage for foamy, not sure if the ring tone is still available or not. Should be under the toons section under cell phones

Warning the rants and most of the site are very much NSFW
                Last edited by Chanlin; 10-06-2008, 10:23 PM.

Comment

What I hate most are those walkie talkie phones. My dad has one of those for work. Every morning while eating breakfast at my parents' house, I can hear the entire conversation, and that annoying chirrrp chirrrp. Oh but "You don't use minutes when you walkie talkie!"....yeah but everyone around you hears the conversation!
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

If you're bellowing into the phone so loud that it's drowning out voices of those around you-- who are conversing in normal tones-- take a freakin' hint! Go away!

And I don't give an ass buttering about what you are discussing with Dumber. I doubt that anyone else does, either.

BTW: If someone strolls through the checkout line and are infinitely more intent upon carrying on a phone conversation than accomplishing anything else, they should get no greeting, no helpful suggestions and no thanks for their patronage. They've established their damned priorities and there are others waiting patiently for complete service.
                    Last edited by lastofthesummerwine; 10-07-2008, 12:52 PM.
                    "It's not me that you hate; it's those nasty truths I serve up. Hey, man, I'm just honesty's vessel!" --Me

Comment

Quoth lastofthesummerwine View Post

BTW: If someone strolls through the checkout line and are infinitely more intent upon carrying on a phone conversation than accomplishing anything else, they should get no greeting, no helpful suggestions or no thanks for their patronage. They've established their damned priorities and there are others waiting patiently for complete service.
                      We do this all the time. Left one CS at the counter for 10 minutes on Friday. I think when I was waiting on others that came up before she did, that was when the idiot got the message and hung up.

Comment

I refuse to help anyone who comes in talking on a cell. I just know if I do, they will accuse me of cheating them out of something.
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I adore Foamy the Squirrel.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Foamy Rules!!!! and I have to agree with all on here. Cell phones are a pain especially when you've been taught not to interrupt but those idiots are to inconsiderate to finish their call. I use mine alot but it's not perma-plastered to my ear. A small part of me wishes I could put a few drops of superglue on the earpiece at the exact 1.5 seconds they pull the phone away from their ear to tell you what they want. If they won't get off the phone, might as well keep it there forever. I want to do the same to bluetooth users.
                            "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

His cell phone has been going off for 25 mins.
                              Okay, I understand you guys get irritated about loud obnoxious ring tones, but I can see why the gentleman may not have answered his phone. Until I met this gent, I would get really irritated too.

Shortly after the hurricane went through, an insurance adjuster came in to check out the hotel for damages. Every few minutes his phone would go off and he would never answer it. I quickly learned why; he couldn't hear it!! The pitch of the ring tone was just right so he couldn't hear it. It's not the music that was the problem, the stupid phone had only one pitch and a lot of the phones he had looked at were the same way.

This also explains why my father can't hear his phone ring a lot of the time. Working in construction for 40 years has made him deaf to certain musical pitches (which is also why he doesn't listen to music).

While the adjuster was there, I was constantly telling him his phone was ringing. Same with his work partner who would occasionally show up. My favourite was when he'd answer his phone thinking it rang when it didn't.
                              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                              X