This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post

WHY do people insist on asking this? Or for the six winning lotto numbers. It's a small thing, but after hearing it half a dozen times a day, and usually from the same people who then laugh at themselves for it, I get stabby. Sometimes I'll tell them "Sure, if you take care of my truck payment this month. It's $400. Sound like a fair trade off?" Oddly enough, this usually shuts them up pretty good.
    Considering your avatar... I can just picture an employee saying "sure if you cover my truck payment this month... BAZINGA!"

Comment

When they ask for the winning lottery numbers, just say a string of six numbers. It's up to them to figure out which lottery they're for.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'm always tempted to give them the 'cursed' numbers from LOST that Hurley used to win the lottery.

"4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 . . . NOW PRESS EXECUTE!"
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I'm always tempted to give them the 'cursed' numbers from LOST that Hurley used to win the lottery.

"4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 . . . NOW PRESS EXECUTE!"
          NO! THE NUMBERS ARE BAD!
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Sometimes to catch them off-guard I ask them "What is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything?" or "WHAT... is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

You'd be surprised how many people respond in the correct manner =p
            Violets are blue,
            Roses are red,
            I bequeath to thee...
            A boot to the head >_>

Comment

People have asked me the meaning of life before. I think maybe only one has 'gotten it' when I answered, without skipping a beat, "Forty two." Most are just surprised I came up with a response so fast.
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

People have asked me the meaning of life before. I think maybe only one has 'gotten it' when I answered, without skipping a beat, "Forty two." Most are just surprised I came up with a response so fast.
                The meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                  "WHAT... is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
                  African or European?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                    African or European?
                    I... I don't know that--!

*hurled into the abyss*
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                    X