This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid girl orders pizza without Mom's permission

So yesterday I made a delivery to this one house, and the lady asked me to wait. Where she went, I had no clue, but she was only gone a few minutes. She comes back and before giving me payment asks a few questions.
    Lady: I didn't order this pizza.
    At this point I thought I was going to have to drive back to the store with it and not collect any money.
    Me Oh?
    Lady: Yes, it turns out that my daughter ordered this pizza without my permission. She's 20.
    Me: Ok, so what about the pizza?
    Lady: We're still going to take it. What can I do next time she does this and goes behind my back?
    What the fuck does she expect me to tell her? So her stupid daughter ordered pizza behind her back. Sorry folks, but that is a family matter. I just get paid to deliver, not to settle disputes.
    Me (with just a slight hint of sarcasm): Well Maam, I don't really know what to tell you. I'm just supposed to deliver the food to the address that's on the ticket. And we the drivers have to take them..
    Lady: But if she does this again, what can I do?
    Me: There's nothing that I can do myself, since I just deliver the orders. But you can call my boss and ask him.
    She gives me a look like I'm kinda sorta not being very helpful. She tips me a few bucks and then I leave.
    Seriously? I don't have time for this fucking bullshit. Someone from this address ordered food. I delivered it, you're going to take it, and you're going to pay for it. And you'd better dam well fucking tip me, because NONE of this is my fault. And her daughter is 20? Well then, you figure that a 20 year old would have at least some money $15.10 to be exact, to pay for any and all food she decides to get that her mother does not cook. What I couldn't understand is how this lady was expecting me to resolve the issue Once again folks, this is between family, not me. Someone buys something behind your back, chew their ass out, don't give me the look. I'm just paid to do my job and I'm doing it. I don't give a rat's ass who ordered what from us, you just pay for your dam food like your supposed to. I don't have time to play stupid games. Oh boy, how I would've loved to tell this lady that But she's a customer, and a stupid one at that for expecting me to resolve this issue.

WTF.

No wonder juniorette is ordering pizza without mom's permission. apparently mommy has gone 20 years without knowing how to parent.

Although I know you can't say "It's not my job to tell you how to discipline your children" ... not without pissing her off I bet.

cos anything you tell her, even "make her pay you back?" could end up in a whine to the boss resulting in free pizza or a refund... which may be exactly what they were after in the first place!

actually maybe that's what mommy wanted! you to just say "o sorry. here have a free pizza then!"

Comment

So much of this is
      Seriously, a 20 y.o. needing to go through mommy? Am I the only one who finds that in and of itself odd?
      I think PepperElf may have been on to something: a lame scam attempt.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I could have understood if she was 12 and never obeys her parents (although in my household that would have never flew. I might try that kind of thing once, but that would never happen again). But twenty??? At this point she's less of a daughter and more of just a crappy roommate.

What I would have said is, "Well, we do have a blacklist for scammers and prank callers. We can add you to that if you want."
        Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
        Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
        Fiancee: What?!
        Me: Nevermind.

Comment

I suppose it would be possible for the mom to call the pizza place and tell them not to approve any orders to her address without speaking to her first, but it's not something the delivery drivers should be expected to take care of.
          It doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you look really cool doing it! -- Julio Scoundrel, Order of the Stick

Comment

well... going through mom i can understand. when i lived at home i'd have never ordered takeout in the first place - we just never did - but ... it's mom & dad's home. Even if i was over 18, or over 30 really.

but it looks like in her case mommy was also paying the bill too

Comment

Well, the kid is clearly not a Minor, so it's really her responsibility -- the Mom has every right to make her daughter pay her back for covering for her butt. The store could just refuse orders from <kid's name>, but we all know damn well that would only work once; said kid would simply start using the mom's name instead.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
                Lady: I didn't order this pizza.

Lady: Yes, it turns out that my daughter ordered this pizza without my permission. She's 20.

Lady: We're still going to take it. What can I do next time she does this and goes behind my back?

Ummm.. put up a post it note with your preferred toppings?

Comment

Maybe the daughter is retarded or mentally ill and thus not allowed to order take-out?

Comment

Quoth Skelly View Post
                    Maybe the daughter is retarded or mentally ill and thus not allowed to order take-out?
                    that's possible. but it would still be the mother's responsibility to handle, not the delivery driver's. i mean some small-town stores might work with a customer on issues like that, but with the way cities are growing it's too easy to have too many customers to remember one specific address's requests etc.

Comment

Why does a 20 year old need permission from their mother to order pizza?

Comment

Typically I'd ask my parents if I was getting delivery, to see if they wanted some, and also to warn them to be ready to command the dogs to stop barking. Not really permission, but...

Me thinks mom is one of those control-freak types. Her rational that her daughter is "Twenty" after explaining the "without permission" part says to me that she thinks it's completely normal that 20-year-old daughters (or children in general) are still under the thumb of their parents/moms and must get permission to order food.

I don't know, some people are just screwed in the head sideways and backforths.
                        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                          Why does a 20 year old need permission from their mother to order pizza?
                          Because clearly she doesn't have the money to pay for it and is expecting her mother to foot the bill.
                          Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                          Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                          Fiancee: What?!
                          Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                            Me thinks mom is one of those control-freak types. Her rational that her daughter is "Twenty" after explaining the "without permission" part says to me that she thinks it's completely normal that 20-year-old daughters (or children in general) are still under the thumb of their parents/moms and must get permission to order food.
                            I'm almost 23, and this is my life. I'm always kind enough to ask if anyone wants me to order them any food when I order mine, and I always pay with my own card--yet, somehow, I must be micromanaged because I'm a little kid. I feel like a retail slave again.

It happens more often than you think. Apologies to BowserKoopa1 for having to deal with it.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                              Because clearly she doesn't have the money to pay for it and is expecting her mother to foot the bill.
                              That (and the 'mentally incompetent') is the only reason I would imagine Mummy would have any right to control whether kid orders pizza.

('mentally incompetent' is a rough one.)
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                              X