Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is even worse is when you have a house full of people (relatives, friends, etc.) and someone (emphasis on the SOMEONE) orders delivery. Delivery driver arrives AND no one seems to know WHO THE FUCK ordered delivery. much discussion ensues as to who ordered while said driver is made to wait and wait and wait.

I may have posted this story about 2 months ago. Then there is the possible internet prank order. Some one is having a party at their apartment. SOMEONE orders pizza with the correct name, address and phone number. Driver arrives BUT no one seems to have ordered delivery.

Then there is the "we ordered but can not be bothered to tell anyone" order. BF/GF order delivery while in their bedroom. The Mother is in the living room. Driver arrives and is told "NO one here ordered pizza." Driver call the number and verifies all of the information on the ticket is VALID. Driver informs them that he is AT the specified location and apt number but the person claims no one ordered edlivery. MUCH back and forth ensues UNTIL the Mother goes back to the room and they are informed that YES someone did order delivery. Driver wastes much time (about 8 minutes) and still gets stiffed (know serial stiffer).
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
      Ummm.. put up a post it note with your preferred toppings?
      Wait, places still do that? The places we order from (which has become very infrequent due to homemade with sourdough being cheaper and tastes better) use computer databases.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        Wait, places still do that?
        We didn't actually keep post-it's at our old DaddyJim's, but we could look up the last order form that phone number -- anything further back than that, and we could only see date/time/total price, not actual items; only Corporate had access to the full details. Upshot: If no OTHER orders had been placed, we could read back their LAST order and give them that, but no way to keep "preferred" stuff except in a non-printing "notes" line that was usually reserved for things like "always wants LSWD/POT" (light red sauce, cook it well-done/pepperoni on top of the cheese), "non-tipper", "complainer/gets lots of free cards" (read: will tear us a new one if one slice has one olive less than the one next to it, and they will get rewarded for doing so), "scammer", "cash only", "*&%#^@$", "OUT OF AREA - tell them to call store ___", "pay phone" (read: 99% chance of scam), "pickup only" (rare; it usually means nobody delivers there at all), "really nice people", and, of course, every pizza dude's worst nightmare customer: "&*%^!(#$*_@@*(&!!!!!"
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          "always wants LSWD/POT"
          My first thought upon seeing "LSWD/POT" was, "I'm don't know what sort of drug that is, but I think I want some."

Comment

Cat - =^_^= I Knew that was coming.

Some of our drivers did indulge in the occasional tuft of the demon plant...Only one or two were dumb enough to do so on the clock. Or SELL it along their route. That guy was...special. o_O
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              Wait, places still do that? The places we order from (which has become very infrequent due to homemade with sourdough being cheaper and tastes better) use computer databases.
              Nah.. the post it note would be for the daughter of course.

Comment

non-printing "notes" line
                Reminds me of when I use to order on the computer from my old apartment. The website would allow me to fill out a survey on quality etc, including a "notes" section.

I don't remember what I put in the notes but usually it was something along the lines of "yay you brought me yummy pizza! :-)" or something about being awesome.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  I don't remember what I put in the notes but usually it was something along the lines of "yay you brought me yummy pizza! :-)" or something about being awesome.
                  We love those notes when we get them. Nice for a chuckle.

Comment

But I don't understand. A 20 year old woman is an adult in the eyes of the law. She can order pizza whenever she pleases, without asking her mother's consent. Unless, of course, she stole her mother's debit/credit card or something. That she can't do, and that I'd understand.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                      But I don't understand. A 20 year old woman is an adult in the eyes of the law. She can order pizza whenever she pleases, without asking her mother's consent. Unless, of course, she stole her mother's debit/credit card or something. That she can't do, and that I'd understand.
                      There was no credit card slip, the mom paid in cash. I'm guessing her daughter gave her the money back.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                        Yeah but it's also her mom's house. Making someone else's house smell like pizza when they weren't planning on having it can be pretty rude. Especially if the parent had already planned out a dinner for the family etc.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          Especially if the parent had already planned out a dinner for the family etc.
                          But who's to say that an adult child should have to eat what a parent plans? At that age, my mom would tell me "We're having X for dinner tonight, do you want it?" and I'll say yes or no (depending on a myriad of variables.)

Once at a certain age, a child shouldn't be forced to eat what mummy makes or starve.
                          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Every person has their own relationship with their parents. In your case it sounds like your parents don't mind that happening in their house. In my case it would have inconvenienced my family more than anything else. (apartment so there's not much room - a delivered pizza would take up the space my family was using for cooking)

"adult child" can very in-between, balancing what one can legally do with the "rules of the house". and each house may have a different set of expectations on what the owners will and will not tolerate, or how much room there is.

although in the case of the OP it sounds like the adult wasn't planning on paying for the food herself and just expected her mummy to foot the bill

Comment

Working...
                            X