Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things people threw a shitfit about yesterday: Lotto numbers and rotisserie chickens. You read right, rotisserie chickens. A guy was quizzing me at length about the store card ("what sort of discount do you get?"...well, the sales vary) and then wanted to know why there was a picture of a rotisserie chicken in the circular with the tagline "Fresh Daily" and we didn't have any out O_o um...because the deli guy who does the chickens couldn't get to work and even if he could I doubt there would be enough general demand to warrant firing up the oven.

FEM didn't believe me today when I told her...then last night's Acting FEM told her and it sunk in.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

and the news media was all but predicting the downfall of modern society.
      Heh.

We shipped my dad's birthday gifts last saturday and when the lady at the UPS warned us that the packages may take 2 weeks because of the weather.

Me: It's NY they're use to it.

Seriously. she mentioned they had 28 inches of snow in the north east. And I'm thinking... "Um yeah, upstate NY gets that every year, it's no big deal for them."

Then I talked to my Mom later and it turned out they barely got any.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        Seriously. she mentioned they had 28 inches of snow in the north east. And I'm thinking... "Um yeah, upstate NY gets that every year, it's no big deal for them."
        I recall (visible from I90) near Syracuse a plow blade set up as a sign. IIRC, it says something about 41 feet of snow.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          I hope corporate told him where to go. My dad and I were filling up in Santa Fe once, and the RV next to us started shooting sparks out of the tailpipe (there was spilled gas on the ground close by; I was very surpised nothing went up). The attendant shut everything off and almost immediately people started complaining.
          I guess those people wouldn't be complaining if they got it in their tiny brains the reason why an RV shouldn't be shooting off sparks at a gas station pump!

They wouldn't have lived long enough to complain!

Comment

Working...
          X