This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bob The Random Boy Wonder View Post
    It sounds like this guy isn't even trying or is making it a point to forget what you've taught him. If someone isn't going to attempt to put in at least 40% effort when I'm helping them with computer-related support stuff, I'm not going to help them. It's as simple as that.
    This. I got exasperated when I had to keep teaching my Mom the simplest of computer-related things over and over again, but in her case, it wasn't that she was ignoring what I was saying-- she just had so many other things on her mind that it never really sunk in.

Now she's capable of doing troubleshooting on her own, and can at least try some simple possibilities herself before asking for my help.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Good lord what an asshat ._. He sounds like a narcissistic, entitled jerk.

"Well sir, I heard you remark to my associate the other day that you believe I was the one who had 'fucked up' your computer. Since you feel that way, I am no longer comfortable assisting you with your computer. I would recommend you pay a professional to handle it from now on. Good day. "

Comment

UPDATE

The guy came back in today with the SAME. FUCKING. PROBLEM. So, ONCE AGAIN, I try to help him and yes, I actually did bring up the comment he made yesterday. I see what I can do. He wants to burn his files from a recorded DVD onto his computer. No problem. I attempt to do just that. Now sometimes you need a special program, sometimes you don't. It all depends on the type of files your computer will read and what is on the disc (In my experience anyway). So when it doesn't work yet again, I tell him an idea of what might be going but again mention to him that I'm not tech support and not trained or qualified for any of this so I don't want to be messing with things that could come back to bite me in this ass later. I tell him I can't help him anymore and then the ass hat has the fucking NERVE to tell ME I should go back to school and get qualified. Excuse me? You've had your computer for THREE FUCKING YEARS. Learn how to use it and fuck off.

Comment

WHY on EARTH did you help him?!

Remember - 'no' is a complete sentence.
          "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Oh, I'm not helping him anymore. I initially helped him with getting his pictures from his phone onto his Micro SD card and then from there putting it in his computer.. and then it turned into other things. If I actually had the time and WASN'T busy, sure, I'll take a look. But now? Nope. He better not come back in expecting SHIT from me anymore. This is why I hate being so nice all the time; people take advantage of my generosity.

Comment

Quoth TechieGirl87 View Post
              I tell him I can't help him anymore and then the ass hat has the fucking NERVE to tell ME I should go back to school and get qualified.
              The guy wants you--the person who has been keeping his computer running for the most part--to go to school for something you obviously know better than he does? That'd be when I tell the guy not to let the door hit him where the good lord split him.

My tech rule: if I'm providing you computer support services for free that other places would charge $85/hr to perform (plus an extra $30 for on-site!), you'd better respect me or else you get cut off. Too bad this guy isn't one of my "clients". He'd have a rude awakening coming next time he tried to put me down.

I'll bet pennies to peanuts this guy comes back in looking for you the next time he has a problem. Sure, you've refused...but SC's don't see it that way.

Comment

Quoth Bob The Random Boy Wonder View Post
                My tech rule: if I'm providing you computer support services for free that other places would charge $85/hr to perform (plus an extra $30 for on-site!), you'd better respect me or else you get cut off. Too bad this guy isn't one of my "clients". He'd have a rude awakening coming next time he tried to put me down.
                I wasn't charging him shit for anything. I was doing it because I was being nice. He, at one point, even offered to buy me a salmon dinner while we working on his laptop. Yeah, no. As much as I love salmon, I wouldn't do that in a million years. He's on his fucking own from now on. I even suggested he take a class but he "didnt have time for that." Oh, but he had PLENTY of time to come bug me for shit.

Comment

I even suggested he take a class but he "didnt have time for that." Oh, but he had PLENTY of time to come bug me for shit.
                  If you hadn't done so already, I would have called him out on that. In any case, I would have also told him that I would call security if I saw him in the store again. Knowing he pushes his luck and doesn't listen to others, he would be banned.

You've got a heart of gold and an incredible patience, TechieGirl87. Your kindness will pay off, but just be wary of others trying to take extreme advantage of it.

Comment

I'm not sure but I hope he got the message the other day that I'm not interested in helping him anymore. If he comes back, I either brush him off to someone else or I refuse to help him with his computer. At the very least, tell him he needs to take a class or actually bother learning how to use a computer he's had for so long because I won't do it anymore, not after the way he treated me

Comment

UPDATE

then the ass hat has the fucking NERVE to tell ME I should go back to school and get qualified. Excuse me?

Tell him, sure, you've been considering doing just that - but of course, as a qualified technician with certificates to prove it, your price will be at least $50 per hour, and please schedule your services in advance.

Madness takes it's toll....
                      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X