This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why yes, we do take child neglect seriously

So, this is still a developing story, will post updates as they become available.

At 2:30 I went to lunch, this apparently was a mistake.
    At 3:30 I came back from lunch as was told by coworker "we've had two rooms call down saying that they have seen and heard a small child wandering the halls, security has been called."
    At 3:45 the security supervisor came down asking for guest lists for the entire floor. Gives us the update that they have found the child, the child doesn't know his mom's name (he knows it's mommy) and he doesn't know his last name.
    At 3:50, while printing the guest list, I overhear on the security supervisors radio the surveilance room informing him that the county sherrif's office has arrived.
    At 4:00 people started calling down complaining about all the noise that security and the police are making, to which are GSMs have informed us that we can tell them that if they know who the parents are they can end the noise by giving us the tip we need to find them or they can kindly shut up and go to hell.
    At 4:10 the first call comes in from someone complaining how incredibly rude it is that police and security are now knocking on doors and calling rooms desperately trying to find the child's parents.
    Minor update: At 4:30 we are now up to 4 police officers.
    Update: 4:55 security informs us the child's parents have been found... no details released yet as they are still dealing with it.

And that is the most recent update so far... and I may not get any more updates until either the next self important asshat complains that they were inconvenienced by our (and the police's) efforts to help this child or security gives us an update.
    Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 02-10-2013, 11:56 AM.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

everyone who complains should be removed and banned

Comment

Ten bucks says one of the people calling to complain about the noise was... one of the child's parents.
      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        Update: 4:55 security informs us the child's parents have been found... no details released yet as they are still dealing with it.
        These people had best have some really good story for why they didn't notice their child missing for the better part of 2 hours. Because I'm betting the local PD were not amused.

On the plus side, at least the kid was safe the whole time. So yea, apparently that was the right place to go 'bad parent'.
        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
          everyone who complains should be removed and banned
          I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

How awful for the child!
            Those parents need to be removed from the gene pool!
            You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

i'm betting found... and charged

Comment

"At 2:30 I went to lunch, this apparently was a mistake."

For some reason, I found this all by itself to be hilarious.....
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                  Ten bucks says one of the people calling to complain about the noise was... one of the child's parents.
                  When you find out that's true (notice I said when not if) ban them.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                    These people had best have some really good story for why they didn't notice their child missing for the better part of 2 hours. Because I'm betting the local PD were not amused.
                    Only situation I'd think would be acceptable would be if this were a recent check-in, family had travelled a long way from last rest stop, parents were asleep, and child let itself out of the room.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Clearly, a hotel is a safe place to leave your kid unattended because the people who work at the hotel will watch your little one! That's what they're there for! Not to, y'know, perform the functions necessary to keep a business running...

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        Only situation I'd think would be acceptable would be if this were a recent check-in, family had travelled a long way from last rest stop, parents were asleep, and child let itself out of the room.
                        No excuse, every hotel I've been in (most US states and 3 countries) had a security latch at the top. If a child is young enough that they don't know Mommys name, they are too little to reach it. My almost 3 year old likes opening hotel doors but the latch stops her from getting out.

Comment

I may well complain about the noise in such a scenario ...

.... until I was told it was an attempt to find the parents of a lost child. Once I knew that, I'd be a LOT more forgiving.
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth kpzra View Post
                            No excuse, every hotel I've been in (most US states and 3 countries) had a security latch at the top. If a child is young enough that they don't know Mommys name, they are too little to reach it. My almost 3 year old likes opening hotel doors but the latch stops her from getting out.
                            The kid could also have special needs. One of my kids (who wouldn't be able to tell you his mothers name) was able to almost open the door to the sensory room in the classroom the other day. (Having him use picture cards to communicate his needs is one of his goals) he had gotten on top of a stool and had almost reached the latch. (We have latches at the top of the three doors in the classroom)
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

In the 70's when mine were little a name and ph# in sharpie on the arm was our method. Never lost 'em, but cheap insurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X