This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It starts

'Tis the season to be gliterry once again: Christmas Glitter, aka Those Damn Christmas Picks, are in. Typically we reserve those for the newbies, but since we don't have any guess who helped put them out?

It was so bad that not only did I find glitter on my toes, I took a VERY long shower.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Oh, the Eric fairy conducted a visitation?

Nah, couldn't have... the glitter'd be under your toenails.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I dread taking out the Xmas ornaments. I also dread looking for new ones, because that blasted glitter seems to be on all of them now. If they didn't start with glitter, they acquire it via guilt by association.

And it doesn't matter if you corral the ornaments and picks to one small section of the store. Somehow it will wind up in the meat and produce.

I also firmly believe the stuff breeds, because I have one small, tiny canister of glitter go splodey in the house and it seems to be everywhere for the next 10 years. Someone could make a fortune creating a "Glitter-b-gone" cleaner, because vacuuming, sweeping, dusting using a wet rag, none of of it works. The closest thing I've found is the lint roller or a glue trap for flies.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
        I dread taking out the Xmas ornaments. I also dread looking for new ones, because that blasted glitter seems to be on all of them now. If they didn't start with glitter, they acquire it via guilt by association.
        *snip*
        Even though it's very inaccurate I seriously wanted to change that to "gilt by association."

Comment

Christmas shit has been flowing in hot and heavy for the past several weeks, and it's being set now. There will be glitter a-plenty when we stock the stuff either at the end of this week or the beginning of next.

I got an impressive orange glitterbomb for my birthday when unpacking Halloween stuff Monday.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Shouldn't it have come in in July, Irv?
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Strangely, it only started to come in right after I got back from vacation.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Strangely, it only started to come in right after I got back from vacation.
                That's the punishment you get, from your higher ups for taking a vacation.

If I hear Christmas music anytime soon, I'll have to run over a lot of people in GTA V to ease the pain.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Sweet jesus I've seen glittery Christmas FABRIC.

Just when you think you're safe...
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Ahh glitter, the herpes of the arts n crafts world. Once you've been glittered, it never goes away, or so it seems.

Reminds me of a horrible horrible prank. Perhaps I'm evil, and have too many toys. I'll have to repeat this prank and get it on video sometime. One of the many tool/toys I have is a CO2 pneumatic system(uses CO2 to power air tools rather than a compressor). Coupling that with a texture sprayer makes for a portable glitter cannon.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                      If I hear Christmas music anytime soon, I'll have to run over a lot of people in GTA V to ease the pain.
                      Let's be honest here-- you're going to be running over a lot of people in GTA V regardless.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Our Christmas stuff was late this year, usually the paintable Christmas stuff (ornaments, wood shapes, etc) are in around July 4th. Didn't get it in until closer to the end of July/beginning of August.

Surprisingly Random Craft Store is still getting Halloween stuff in, usually that starts becoming clearance right about now.
                        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          Let's be honest here-- you're going to be running over a lot of people in GTA V regardless.
                          Well, of course I will, I'll just have to run over even more whe I start hearing Christmas music in stores.
                          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Oh fuck!

I was just in Sams club, getting things for work, when Christmas music came on!!!

GTA V doesn't come out till next week. I'm going to have to go on a tank rampage in GTA San Andreas to get over this.

Comment

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
                              Ahh glitter, the herpes of the arts n crafts world. Once you've been glittered, it never goes away, or so it seems.

Reminds me of a horrible horrible prank. Perhaps I'm evil, and have too many toys. I'll have to repeat this prank and get it on video sometime. One of the many tool/toys I have is a CO2 pneumatic system(uses CO2 to power air tools rather than a compressor). Coupling that with a texture sprayer makes for a portable glitter cannon.
                              a. I came here just to make the herpes comment.

b. Glitter cannon? Sounds like my CS chat prop!

Comment

Working...
                              X