Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made an analogy, got it thrown up to me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made an analogy, got it thrown up to me.

Had this lovely winner of a call last week.

SLD: Me.

SC: Southern woman who thinks our time is worthless.

I get the call from our sales dept because the woman wanted a refund and the rep at the other end could not gain agreement on what to do (never a good thing). It turns out that she called because she was helped out by one of our other reps, and the diagnosis was made that she needed to format. She didn't want to do that wanted a refund because in her eyes "she shouldn't be charged for something she can do herself."

I looked and she did get her refund - minus a small ($30) diagnosis fee for the tech's time. Well even this was not enough, she wanted that refunded too! Apparently, trying to get her computer working for 45 minutes was not good enough.

Even after I gave a canned apology and told her there was nothing I could do (my boss backed me up that the fee will stand), she still blabbered on for 15 minutes as to why she shouldn't be charged. She even said that she took it to a local shop and they fixed it no problem without having to format (translation: they probably used a pirated copy of XP and did a redundant install of XP to make her happy).

Well after listening to her babble, I finally had it and told her this:

SLD: Ma'am, allow me to say something here. Let's say you take your car to a mechanic and after spending time to look at it he tells you you need a new transmission and it will cost 2 grand, and you decided you're going to buy a new car. Even though you're not going to fix it you still have to pay the man for his time.

SC: Well my dad is a mechanic and he would NEVER pull a stunt like your company is doing! You guys are scamming people and I will let the BBB know about it!

At that point I really had it and decided to say my closing script to try to get her off my phone, to which she also said beside calling the BBB, she was going to encourage people who shop at the retail store to return all their store cards and never shop there again. Blah blah blah.

My boss heard me and had a good laugh, as well as my co-workers.

Yeah lady...........We all work for free around here
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Yeah, it may have been something she could have done herself, but would she have known that without calling? What you are charging her for is fair -- a diagnosis fee, because she was making use of your knowledge. Too bad her father is a mechanic, because that analogy was right on!
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
        she also said beside calling the BBB, she was going to encourage people who shop at the retail store to return all their store cards and never shop there again.
        Thus illustrating that as worthless as she thinks YOUR time is....
        "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
        -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
        X