Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind then; I won't bother explaining.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      Never mind then; I won't bother explaining.
      No need to get upset.

I honestly want to understand your suggestion, because that is the point of the thread.

We value all feedback and suggestions from the members.

It just seemed to me that you were suggesting things that already existed, and I didn't understand your point.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I'm not upset; just that I've forgotten where I was going with that, and it's easier to bow out gracefully, rather than try and recall it.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I've always wanted to suggest a resume/job seeker section.

I mean, our members range from all ends of the employment spectrum. We have people who are self-employed and people who have worked for the biggest chains in our particular regions all of their lives.

What better way to find potential employees or employers than on a website where we basically discuss what it is that grieves us. And we could do it with safety in obsfucation in mind.

For example, say I'm looking for a job in the Boston area.

All I have to post is

Looking for a retail position.

2007-2009 in a drug store chain.

No need to specify which chain in the actual post. So when a potential boss looking to hire someone sees my post and finds me worth investigating, perhaps they show us the link to their company's website and encourage us to fill out a full application. Or maybe someone who owns their own business wants to give us an interview and can privately message us to set it up.

Just something to think about since you're asking for suggestions.

Comment

Some time back, we did consider something along the lines of two subforums - one for vacancies at the companies of current members of the board, one for work needed by unemployed members or by those seeking alternate employ. It's certainly something we could consider once more.

Heh - I'd very much prefer to keep uninvolved bosses off this site.

Rapscallion

Comment

Twilight Sucks has a section for hate mail, too. It's hilarious. XD
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

The thing about "hate mail" is that unless Raps keeps a hidden stash of it on his own computer, then there really isn't any. The same goes for troll posts as there really is very little of that. And for spam, it's all very boring and muchlike the stuff I'm sure you've all seen in your email. For instance, I caught one recently that was just a one word link to a place that purports to sell a competing brand of vicodin. Nothing exciting or interesting there.
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Hate mail - I've had maybe three or four pieces over the years, mostly pretty lame. Not really worth it.

Sorry, but the SCs have disappointed.

Rapscallion

Comment

I again suggest the personal ad type deal. Lots of people here are incredible artistists or singers or writers or costume making. They could sell their skills.

Another one that infinitemonkies and I talked about is a smaller area where some members can offer a shoulder to cry on or sorts. Maybe allow their number up if a member chooses too. Of coruse it come with when not to call or text first or something. That be harder to deal with though I guess. Or maybe a PM me and I'll give you my number deal even.
                    Military Spouse Support.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I don't know if it was here or not, but I seem to remember reading something about how a section of "call me" numbers like that opens up the board and the members not only to harassment and other unwanted calls, but also to potential legal ramifications if these people aren't "certified counselors" or something like that.
                      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Yeah, I mean, if it were that easy to get a hold of someone online or to sell one's services then Craigslist wouldn't have so many problems. CS isn't immune to Prince of Nigeria scammers.

Hell, I'm still waiting for that first post from a guy who says, "Yeah, I get people to send me money in exchange for an imaginary bank account filled with my own cash. You wouldn't believe the sucky customers I get from that."

Comment

If we have a jobs wanted or jobs available section, I think that need to be a member's only section....
                          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

I do like the idea of a "revenge" section, as mentioned above - my brain is only at 30% today, so apologies if this is a used idea - but it seems to me that "revenge" falls into two categories: customers pwned by employees, and customers who pwn themselves. (To be fair, that last one also falls into two categories - customers who pwn themselves and customers pwned by other customers.) The middle-aged wealthy woman who pitches a fit, throws something, runs to the front door, and tries to push when it says pull - splat.

I have a soft spot in my heart for anyone who posts a story that ends with "And the customer was led out in handcuffs" or some other such conclusion.

My concern is that "revenge" might inspire revenge of a sort that we do not condone under any circumstances ("So we all took turns spitting on his steak!"), so perhaps "justice" might be a better idea? Actually, now that I think about it, refining this idea to prevent the condoning of abuse might give the mods a little too much extra homework...any suggestions? I can't brain anymore.

Love, Who?

P.S. Oo! Oo! I know! We could call it "Schadenfreude."

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
                              P.S. Oo! Oo! I know! We could call it "Schadenfreude."
                              Or we could call it something like Karmic Retribution.
                              "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
                                Oo! Oo! I know! We could call it "Schadenfreude."
                                But we don't have a Gary Coleman!
                                "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                                "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                                My MySpace
                                My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                                X