No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My building is having its annual Christmas craft show/garage sale this Saturday.

And my work hours are EXACTLY the same hours as the sale.

I'm gonna miss all the baked goods.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• If you're going to play Little Drummer Boy, maybe you should have someone playing a drum. Mike Campese played a version on an electric guitar.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Old Man Buddy Cat is at the vet having his teeth cleaned. I am lying on the couch trying to transcribe and no one is climbing on me, stepping on the keys, getting in my face and generally being a pain in the ass.

Feels terrible.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth catcul View Post
          If you're going to play Little Drummer Boy, maybe you should have someone playing a drum. Mike Campese played a version on an electric guitar.
          Ye gods, I hate that song enough as it is, but I also agree that not having a drum in the song is just blasphemy.

Also, goddamit Humon, why must you make Scandinavia and the World so fascinating and awesome?

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
            All I could tell her was that 1.11/litre was "not a bad price."
            Times four, minus about 10%, would be the price per gallon.

4.44 - .44 ~ 4 euro per gallon.

Considering it's around $3 per gallon in the US, even less in some places, and even though it's heavily taxed here, yeah, that's kinda expensive to us.

Comment

• Quoth catcul View Post
              If you're going to play Little Drummer Boy, maybe you should have someone playing a drum. Mike Campese played a version on an electric guitar.
              You're just salty about being eliminated from the challenge.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                Considering it's around $3 per gallon in the US...
                The SF Bay Area is over $4/gallon, and has been for a while. Glad my MINI is pretty efficient... I hear that HI is averaging $4/gallon right now as well.

So it depends on what part of the US.
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                  The SF Bay Area is over $4/gallon, and has been for a while. Glad my MINI is pretty efficient... I hear that HI is averaging $4/gallon right now as well.

So it depends on what part of the US.
                  Paid $2.29/gal last weekend @Costco. I think the other places was around here (NW Ohio) was at $2.65/gal.
                  Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

• Legally is there anything to stop me specifying that when l die my body can be put on a spit to make a tasty barbeque for the funeral goers?
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      Legally is there anything to stop me specifying that when l die my body can be put on a spit to make a tasty barbeque for the funeral goers?
                      Erm... When they said they they wanted you served right...

*That* isn't what they meant!

(fears of Mad Kit Disease)
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Mechanic: "You know, it's never a good sign when you walk in here carrying parts of your car ..."
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• You know it's going to be a bad day, when you check the news before going in the office and your workplace is one of the lead stories.
                          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                            Legally is there anything to stop me specifying that when l die my body can be put on a spit to make a tasty barbecue for the funeral goers?
                            IANAL: I don't think there is any law to stop you from specifying that request.

Whether or not the funeral goers could carry it out is another matter.

By the way, Kansas City, Memphis, Carolina or Texas style BBQ?
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                              You know it's going to be a bad day, when you check the news before going in the office and your workplace is one of the lead stories.
                              ????

(stupid 10char limit)
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                                You know it's going to be a bad day, when you check the news before going in the office and your workplace is one of the lead stories.
                                Sounds like a good day to call in sick ...
                                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X