This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-caf water

My sweetie and I were out and about, so stopped at a small mini-mart to get something to drink on our journey. As my sweetie was looking at the water, he wondered out loud why some of the bottles had green caps* and some had blue caps.

My mouth came open and said "The ones with the green caps are de-caf."

Sweetie gave me that long suffering look he uses when he feels especially abused and we both grabbed some water and went to the cash register.

The poor clerk looked like he felt like he should explain that all water was de-caf, but was afraid if he opened his mouth, he would start laughing too hard to talk.

My sweetie gave me another look and told the clerk "She knows. Please don't encourage her, it just makes things worse."

After the clerk was done laughing, he gave us our water for free

*green caps meant the bottle was made out of recycled and plant matter...more earth friendly.

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
    *green caps meant the bottle was made out of recycled and plant matter...more earth friendly.
    But your answer is more fun
    My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

There is such a thing as caffeinated water. Some is sweetened and flavored; some is plain water with added caffeine.

It was a godsend when I had to stick to clear liquids for a couple of days before a medical procedure.

Comment

Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
        But your answer is more fun
        I agree. It made sense to me!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Then again, there is this stuff.

This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Try this one.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
              Then again, there is this stuff.
              You get sick from drinking it and therefore loose weight?

I stick to my controlled tap water over spending money on that.

Comment

Quoth Edwina View Post
                You get sick from drinking it and therefore loose weight?
                It has all-organic tapeworm eggs?
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I once had a customer ask if the bottled water they were buying had carbs in it. It was even commemorated in the old CS.com comic.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I once got asked if our bottled water (Acqua Panna, the good stuff) was "fresh". To illustrate her point, this millenial proceeded to explain to me how a bottle that I had just put in the cooler--from a case literally just off the truck--was "stale" because it hadn't had time to chill down.

Er...OK
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

So, once it's an hour or so older, it'll be fresher?
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                      X