Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Image/smiley-only posts (a good thing!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Image/smiley-only posts (a good thing!)

We're relaxing the rule against posts which are nothing but images/images+smileys. They were originally disallowed ages ago due to bandwidth concerns and issues with post padding (waaaay back when your post count actually meant something).

So, while we do appreciate people sending in reports about this, it's no longer strictly necessary. If we end up with a bunch of posts in a row that are just a smiley each then, yeah, we'll ask y'all to knock that off

That being said, we would appreciate SOME effort on them. If it's gonna be smileys only, at least try and tell a little story with them or something. Get creative. Use your words, dude.

PS for images -- It's generally best to link to imgur or the like (it was designed to handle hotlinked images) instead of attachments, and please remember to use WIMG instead of IMG tags if it's wider or taller than 600px. This will auto-generate a clickable thumbnail. Thanks!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
    X