This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not eating meat doesn't mean you get a business class meal

Most of my tales seem to be about food...food and baggage!

Generally, in economy class, we serve a chicken/fish dish and a beef/lamb dish. We also have a few vegetarian dishes which is normally pasta. Or you can pre-order a special meal which is highly recommended.

Anyway, this is what happened recently:

SC: I can't eat this, I need a vegetarian meal!
    Me *thinking, why didn't you pre-order one stupid woman* Of course madam, please bear with me and I will try and find you one.

I go back to her with a cheesy mushroom pasta meal which actually is quite tasty.

Me: Here you go
    SC: Oh...pasta. I don't like pasta.
    Me: I'm sorry but this is our only vegetarian meal choice
    SC: I wanted something SPECIAL...like a nice salad from first class or salmon!
    Me: We don't have a first class on this plane and business class probably won't have any spares
    SC: Well I don't want bloody pasta!

*Note, at this point, if she had been nice I would have tried to accommodate her and try and get her something special, she has however been rude and unpleasant so I feel no need to go the extra mile*

Me: Well I'm sorry but there isn't anything else I can offer you.
    SC: FINE! I'll just have that chicken curry then *mutters to person sat next to her and glares at me*

So...I'm guessing she does eat meat but wanted to try and score a posher meal. Mad, quite, quite mad!

*sigh* I call bullshit. Vegetarians know that salmon isn't a veggie. Sure, there are pescetarians who will eat fish, but in my experience they're pretty clear about how they identify themselves.

It reminds me of a line from Big Bang Theory:
    Penny: I'm a vegetarian. Well, except for fish, and the occasional steak. I love steak!
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Well, I wouldn't have been able to eat it [deathly allergic to mushrooms] but as an insulin dependent diabetic with allergies, I preorder my meal [ and bring along a meal replacement bar just in case]

What a moron.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Who the hell doesn't like pasta???

Comment

Quoth Air_Stewardess View Post
          Generally, in economy class, we serve a chicken/fish dish and a beef/lamb dish.
          Just curious, but when the choices are fish or beef, is beef MUCH more popular?

People don't realize that once a plane leaves the gate, the meal options are limited to what's on board (and it's my understanding that catering loads ONE meal per passenger). If you want something nonstandard, you NEED to put in a special meal request.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Just curious, but when the choices are fish or beef, is beef MUCH more popular?
            Rumack: What was it we had for dinner tonight?
            Elaine Dickinson: Well, we had a choice of steak or fish.
            Rumack: Yes, yes, I remember, I had lasagna.

Maybe she thought she was in the movie?

Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

The mushroom pasta sounds excellent. I'm not a vegetarian, I just don't like big chunks of meat, to the point that I have to make sure I get my protein from other sources. But that's not the point. The point is, she even admitted she wanted something "special" not vegetarian. Blerg.

Also, why don't people get that if they're mean I'll help them LESS. If I tell someone we don't carry something, (not out of it, just don't carry PERIOD) and they say "well can't you look in the back?" I'll sit in the stock room for a while, maybe use the bathroom.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

How does one go from, "I'm a vegetarian!" to "I want salmon!" to "I'll have the chicken curry..."?????

As someone already mentioned, pescetarians do not eat any animal flesh other than fish. I don't want to get into fratching territory but no one will ever convince me that vegetarians eat chicken!
                Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

SC: I wanted something SPECIAL.
                  There's the one really truthful statement she made.

It's a plane flight, lady! Not a visit to the Ritz!

And cheesy mushroom pasta sounds DELIGHTFUL to me.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Look, lady, if you want the food that gets served in business class, you're going to have to buy a ticket and be seated in business class.

Comment

Playing the vegetarian card to get a better meal? Ugh. I'm with AD; plan ahead.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

She's about ~80 years too late for something special on a flight.
                        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
                          How does one go from, "I'm a vegetarian!" to "I want salmon!" to "I'll have the chicken curry..."?????

As someone already mentioned, pescetarians do not eat any animal flesh other than fish. I don't want to get into fratching territory but no one will ever convince me that vegetarians eat chicken!
                          That's cause vegetarians don't eat chicken - it's not YOU who has trouble understanding the word vegetarian.
                          Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                            *sigh* I call bullshit. Vegetarians know that salmon isn't a veggie. Sure, there are pescetarians who will eat fish, but in my experience they're pretty clear about how they identify themselves.

It reminds me of a line from Big Bang Theory:
                            Penny: I'm a vegetarian. Well, except for fish, and the occasional steak. I love steak!
                            "It's milk and eggs, bitch!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALK5Pku5jc8

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post

Well there are "Sunday Christians" who are only really Christian on Sunday.

I assume there are similar types of people in all view points. "Vegetarians" who eat meat when they feel like it. Or Atheists who become religious on military deployments then go back to Atheism when they get back home (I actually meet one, even he could not understand why he only believed while under stress.)
                              I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
                              X