This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classless and clueless.

Man oh man have I been holding a few things in; Tonight was the final straw.

Scumbag Short Changers.

I haven't encountered many at my job, but have had two over the course of five months. The first man was good at his craft I'll admit and part-way through the exchange, I caught on. "Sure, I'll play your game" is what I thought, but I made the mistake of getting cocky, so I ended up learning a fifty-dollar lesson by the end of the night. Our second little gem came in today, but payed for something and claimed they gave me a ten, when in fact I was given a five for services rendered. Nope, not gonna happen and I shot them down.

Decline in the quality of people.

This is the reason I'm posting; Which reminds me that a few of you may have forgotten where I cook; at a small grill inside a bowling alley. Into the meat of it I suppose.

A certain alley no more than six miles away, closed about five months ago and the unsavory people from that area have been increasing in their frequency to our establishment every weekend. I'd like to think I'm an optimist to a degree and while I give people the benefit of the doubt, these people are all but furthering my seething hatred for humanity; I'll just outline my gripes at this point.

-Everyone should get something for nothing.
    -Our cook-to-order food should be cranked out like the golden arches.
    -Having an attitude means your service will improve.
    -Haggling for an item cheaper than your beer should be an acceptable norm.
    -Children should be brought in after 9pm and left unsupervised.
    -Being a moron is an acceptable way to function in public.
    -It is also acceptable for your children to ask complete strangers for money.
    -Being a cheapskate is an excellent way to show your gratitude when ordering a lot of food.

I could probably keep going, but this post would likely devolve into something resembling someone's venture down the path to mass-murderous insanity, scrawled on a profanity-laden paper bag. I'm still unsure as to how I haven't already jumped the counter to bash someone's skull in. Either way, I've had about enough of these bastard-mot*#& . . . Yep I'm done.

Quoth The_Cook View Post
    -Children should be brought in after 9pm and left unsupervised.
    -It is also acceptable for your children to ask complete strangers for money.
    Both of these had me doing a "Wait, what?!" I've had to take my kid out for various things after what most people would consider a normal kids' bedtime, including a round of mini golf once. But left unsupervised? Allowed to panhandle? No way. People actually do that?
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Comment

People actually do that?
      Sad to say---Yes. Around here a couple years ago some teenagers were hanging around a supermarket plaza begging strangers for money. Turned out these kids came from middle-class families and already had money for movies, pizza, etc. They just wanted more.

And in my old neighborhood, I once walked past a girl sitting on her front stoop. She said Hi, I said Hi, and then she said, "Can I have quarter?"

Too lazy to get up and go out to panhandle, I guess...
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately people do that.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Well, at least now you know why the other bowling ally closed down. Hopefully, your management will not let the same mistake happen.
          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Yeah . . . about that management comment. My boss pays rent to the bowling alley owner, so I don't answer to anyone but my boss. On the upside I am the night-shift manager of the grill, therefore I can refuse service to any schmuck that steps out of line.

Comment

Working...
            X