Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kiki just barely managed to dodge yet another sword, as she was cursing trying to avoid the three machines. Her Sai was useless against metal, and they were just as quick as she was. She was losing, because she could not hurt them, but they could hurt her. She fled through another door, and was out on the street, the machines not far behind.

As she fled the machines, she ducked into another building hoping to lose them, and come across the oddest site. Somebody covered in flames, but that seems not to be harmed by them. Of course being blind all she knew was that there was fire, and somebody was in it, her other senses told her that. Then one of the machines burst through the wall, and the other two were not far behind. She was caught between whatever THAT (the person on fire) was, and these machines..she pulled out her silk and prepared for death..she would go out fighting though.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

://noafence.mesh|timecode:xxn.00.03.15.1135

New message (1)
      [--1--]
      lol wot. simtek 10 IS bckwrd compat, slackbit. wut evr. u shud dl the rec after the bard livefeed at least. schway beatz. l8rz. --gu$tav.

://meshcrawl/search#brad kenstern|timecode:xxn.00.03.15.1136

Searches on Brad Kenstern would turn up some dividends. He was a code monkey, often contracted to various small corps that in turn were contracted by megacorps to do all the grunt work of getting their systems and warez and so on working. The upshot of being effectively a sub-sub-contractor to megacorps is they didn't care much about him, being an interchangeable cog in the machine, and he got access to all manner of interesting code.

Naturally, what he did for them was compartmentalized so that, in theory, he didn't know specifically what he was working on, but the bright ones have ways around that. And Kenstern, as it turns out, is very bright. He'd found a chink in the Tyr DRM, all right, and his information was now for sale to anyone who could pony up the credits. There was a bidding war going on, because Kenstern wasn't just putting it out there for free.

It turned out that The Flow had taken an interest in this, of course, with their interest in the freedom of information. Naturally, it seemed the Crashers were also taking an interest.

Some more checking would reveal that Kenstern lived in The Hub, just a few blocks from Noah's flat.

://flow.meshnet|timecode:xxn.00.03.15.1159

Checking on The Flow's network would definitely reveal that the Crashers had been more active. Hellborn and L0ki and their cronies were hitting the servers and hubs hard, looking for any weaknesses, and some of the low-tier Flow activists had been cut off. Their systems were compromised by Crasher agents and viruses, and the activists themselves had either gone off the grid to lay low, or had... been laid low, as it were.

Thus far, however, it seemed that the Crashers hadn't yet targeted NoaFence. Noa's sniffer would definitely detect Crasher agents looking for her, but their agents had indeed not detected the sniffer.

://clubset/radbeatz#the pulse|timecode:xxn.00.03.15.1215

When The Bard turns up at The Pulse to prep for the show, Kelly Haberdasher is waiting, in her usual Interlink avatar. "About time you showed up," she complains. "We got some major prep to do before this feed, you know that? We're expecting record log-ins and downloads for this."

Typical worrywart behavior. But she means well, and she does right by The Bard.

[real-world].[the hub].[hub scrap hideout]|timecode:xxn.00.03.15.1220

Dani would find it hard to spot a weakness in Kaschey. Some pulser blasts had clearly struck him during the initial assault, but these had just left some reddened patches on his flesh or slight scorching on the metal parts of his body. When they had built him to be their ultimate deterrent, the Bratva had clearly gone all-out. Still, nothing is ever invincible for long...

Kaschey turns that gruesome face toward Dani as she challenges him, and just cocks his massive head as she surrounds herself in flames. He turns to face her, a laugh rasping its way through his grinning mouth. Nearby, Jinchu bristles. "Hey, don't look at her, I'm your opponent!" He moves with speed, intending to swing that sword of his down at Kaschey's back--

--only for Kaschey to swivel with faster speed and catch Jinchu square in the fast with one massive metal fist. The Hub Scrap leader goes down hard. This finished, Kaschey turns back to Dani. "Я дам вам преимущество. Забастовка меня где угодно," he declares, and spreads his arms, another laugh rasping out. It seems he is offering Dani the first blow.

That's when a ninja came diving through the window, sliding to a halt to one side. Three hacked valet bots come through the wall after her, and pause as they take in the sight of the battle. The surviving Bratva and Scraps look at the bots, as do a recovered Jinchu. The bots all cock their heads in different directions, and that voice speaks up again, once more switching between bots every other word:

"This is--" "--an unexpected--" "--scenario indeed."

One of the bots suddenly lets out a squawking sound as its body is bisected diagonally across the chassis. Its left shoulder and arm and its head fall to the ground, and the rest of the body shortly after. The reason for this is revealed moments later, as Jinchu's sword is vibrating in the wall. The Hub Scrap Gang leader is back on his feet, rolling his shoulders. He takes in the sight of the flame-wreathed Dani without apparent surprise (though how could you tell behind that mask), then the ninja. "I'll deal with the bots, I guess. I think she can handle Kaschey..."
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Kiki through out the silk, swirling it around one of the bots.. SHE might not be able to hurt it, but she thought they just might be able to hurt each other, she spins one of the machines around. It collides with the other, slowing both down and making a tangled mess. It won't take them long to untangle themselves, and shred her silk..leaving her with just her Sai, but she had bought time.

"I am Kiki Toshioto of the Toshioto clan, you will find I am not so easy to kill." She didn't know who was friend or foe, but she was going to go down fighting either way. Honor demanded it.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Danielle is so focused on her target that she barely notices the random appearance of a ninja into what had become an all-out battlefield. However, her ears perk up at the mention of the Toshioto clan. It's bad enough this mess with the Reds has blown up as much as it has, but now there are 2 people tied to the Shinsen-gumi involved in it. "Christ," she mutters, "this day just keeps getting better." The company erased her life, but her past still doing its best to haunt her. Oh well, she'll deal with others as needed. For now, she has bigger fish to fry. Big, hulking, ass-ugly fish.

"All right," she says. "I'll go first." She mentally wings a barrage of fireballs at him, not expecting them to do much damage. She knows his augmented body can be burned, so she wants to see how much heat it will take for him to feel it. Unfazed, he laughs and crosses the room at a much faster speed than anyone would think his huge body could manage. Dani leaps to the side, holding out her arms and releasing a steady stream of blistering flames at him. He's on her in an instant, grabbing her with his massive hands despite her body being surrounded by fire. She can smell burning skin, but her opponent is still undeterred. He slams her against the wall, nearly extinguishing the flames around her from the force of it. "Wipe that grin off your face," she says as she looks up at him and spits blood on his mask. "I'm just getting started beating the piss out of you." She can feel the fire raging on what's left of the floor above. The fire on the ground floor wasn't the only one she stoked with her augs after the explosion, and now she can feel the weakened structure above her and Kaschey. She screams, and as the flames around her body intensify, the floor above starts to give and pieces of flaming debris begin raining down. The giant's grip loosens as he's caught by surprise and Dani is able to free herself and roll under his legs, scrambling away just as everything above where she was pinned comes crashing down in a huge fiery mass.
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

[real-world].[the hub].[intersection five blocks from hub scrap hideout]|timecode:xxn.00.03.15.1220
            Tyger, a 5' 9" tall, 150 pound Average Joe, had been zooming along the streets at a blistering 120mph when he first saw the flames. At the red light, he checked the holo-map on his dash. Son of Eh, Squirrel's gonna kill me. THAT's the address on the package!

Five minutes and fifty blocks across the Hub earlier...
            John "Squirrel" St. Helens, Comet Delivery Services main dispatcher, a short, balding 2nd-generation Sicilian, handed his best delivery man, Tyger, a flimsyplast envelope and a delivery receipt.
            "Deliver this to that address and use caution. If you pull that off, fine, if not, you'd best not bring the officials here again."
            Putting the envelope in a pocket of his jacket, Tyger grinned, "I'll have to use a few double-backs, then." Tyger slung his leg over his Akira 750 and strapped on his helmet.
            "You know your job is to get this done and back here quickly!" Squirrel protested vehemently.
            "Well, yeah, but driving for the sake of the officials is boring." With that, Tyger roared out of the delivery garage.
            Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 07-21-2013, 09:20 PM. Reason: more descriptives and links

Comment

://clubset/radbeatz#the pulse

"Relax Kelly. I've got this show all worked out. I could practically run it on auto and sleep through it..." he snickers at an anticipated exasperated stare. "I would never do that to you of course. I have a new song to debut at the end of the show. Call it an encore for the fans." This is as much a statement as a question, but he's fairly certain Kelly will not say no.

://noafence.mesh

Once the sniffer returns its results Noa will work on purging viruses from what systems he can and adding layers of security where possible. She will also fire off messages to her Flow contacts.

Message: You need to plug a hole in your buckets. I've cleaned your place up a bit, but those damn things are spilling water all over the place.

[real-world].[the hub].[Kenstern's Place]

After the show as The Bard...

Noah will send his drone over to Kenstern's place and knock/ring the door bell (or whatever else is appropriate.
              Last edited by Chanlin; 07-20-2013, 11:13 PM. Reason: formatting

Comment

[real-world].[the hub].[hub scrap hideout]|timecode:xxn.00.03.15.1222
                PCs & Allies-- Dani, Kiki, Tyger, Jinchu
                Enemies-- Kaschey, two Bratva, two hacked 'bots

In the midst of the chaos, especially once fire started getting thrown around, most of the remaining Hub Scraps had bolted. The surviving Bratva, seeing their towering enforcer being turned into a towering inferno, had largely fled, although two voices could be heard shouting in the Bratva lingo a couple of floors above, and boots were pounding as they came charging down to meet the fight.

Dani's firestorm engulfs Kaschey as he grabs at her, roaring in fury as the heat sears and starts to char and burn even his augmented skin. He is like a force of nature-- one cannot stop an avalanche, or plead for mercy before it.

Of course, with her augs, Dani is not unlike a force of nature herself. Between the pain of the fire burning around him, and then the crushing weight of the floor above collapsing on him, Kaschey is pinned down. Even so, Dani could see the rubble shifting. He was not dead, and was probably working to free himself. At the very least, she had bought herself some time.

Meanwhile, the two remaining bots had indeed freed themselves from the tangle of the silk scarf, the blazing energy blades still sheathing their hands as they cut it apart and then swiveled to face Kiki and Jinchu--

--or rather, where Jinchu had been standing. The Hub Scrap leader had charged toward cover, grabbing a fallen assault rifle in passing, and was now popping off a couple of salvos toward the 'bots. The gun was only armed with standard bullets, which mostly just struck the 'bots chassis and did no damage.

"'Hoy, Toshioto-san!" Jinchu calls out, switching to Xiaglot: "<Keep them distracted for me while I get my sword!>"

And outside, the roaring motor of a really fast motorcycle can be heard approaching...

://clubset/radbeatz#the pulse|timecode:xxn.00.03.15.1220

"I know you got the skillz, Bard," Kelly sighs. "I'm just worried. There's been some buzz about ... well, infoterrorists or something making some kind of statement tonight during the feed." She flaps a hand dismissively. "The Pulse wanted to shut down the feed, but I convinced them to keep it online. They're working on getting extra security for the show."

She adjusts her hat. "But, that's for me to worry about. I'll go yell at people and make sure everything's set up on the Pulse's end, you just worry about getting the beats ready." She starts to walk away. "Buzz me if you need anything on my end."

And like that, The Bard has all the time he needs to himself, for about five, maybe six hours until he should get back to do the show. Meaning that the man behind The Bard can take care of some other business....

[real-world].[the hub].[kenstern's flat]|timecode:xxn.00.03.15.1245

Kenstern's flat had a door buzzer. When it is activated, there's a pause, and then an AR screen appears in front of the door. A scrawny man with a mop of frazzled hair and an unshaven chin glares out. "What the frack do you want?" the man, who can probably be assumed to be Kenstern himself, demands. Then he squints at something. "...the fuck is a drone doing here...?" Then his eyes widen further. "I know that tech... that's a Tyr mil-drone!" The AR's visual cuts out, though audio can be heard: "Go away, nobody's home!"
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

[real-world].[the hub].[hub scrap hideout].[exterior]|timecode:xxn.00.03.15.1222

One of the fleeing Bratva saw Tyger. Aw, s***, the delivery man thought as the man ran toward him.
                  "Off the bike, Comrade! Now!"
                  "No," Tyger scoffed, and buried his tacti-hawk in the man's lower jaw, severing the jugular and carotid arteries in a hideous spray of blood... just as more people exited the burning edifice.
                  Tyger looked at this, ripped loose his tacti-hawk and said, loudly, "Well, crap."

((so, who wants to be the lucky ones to witness the mess?))
                  Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 07-22-2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Before heading out to Kentern's place, knowing he has time, Noah sets up a program that will allow him to automate the Bard's show and Avatar should he need to become NoaFence when trouble hits. He will also set up a monitoring program for the show that should alert him if trouble hits. (ooc: up to you J2k if the alert works)

[real-world].[the hub].[kenstern's flat]|timecode:xxn.00.03.15.1245

Noah hits the buzzer again. "I'm not with Tyr..." he says pleadingly. "Please I just want to talk."

Comment

Working...
                    X