This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    Well, my question was rhetorical, I would never expect a magician to tell me their trade secrets. I always think I'm going to be able to figure it out, and then I get so caught up in it that I forget to try.
    I'll be honest, I would love to do a live show for so many of you on CS.com.

Not just to "fool you," as that is rarely necessarily my goal in magic. My goal is pretty much to entertain and, more importantly, to make people laugh. And I do that....well. Yes, I have a lot of stock lines that I use in my act. But I am going to give myself props about one thing. My friend Frank blows a lot of smoke up my ass about my act, but one thing he is right about is that more than any magician I know or have seen, I have the quickest wit when responding to the audience. I come up with shit that a lot of times even I'M impressed with, sometimes with it coming out of my mouth before I realize how hilarious and/or brilliant it is. Some of my best lines, and most of my "stock" lines, have come about because of what someone in the audience said, and my immediate reaction to it. And that lends itself to my main goal with magic, which is one of my main goals in life: making people laugh.

And I would love to provide that kind of entertainment for all of you one day. To make you all laugh and give you a memorable experience.

Except for Dave. He ruined my vacation, because he wouldn't get the beach re-raked for me, OR reposition the sun the way I wanted it. And he wouldn't refund my non-refundable deposit. Damn him. I'm going to have to call his manager and get him fired.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I love magic! Watched David Copperfield all the time and got to go to a show. Love it love it love it; wish I had a talent for it.

All this talk about not revealing one's secrets reminds me of this guy:

"Reality-challenged Minnesota resident Christopher Roller sued magicians David Copperfield and David Blaine for using Roller's "godly powers" without his permission to perform their acts. Roller, by the way, claimed to be a god. He also claimed that the movie The Truman Show was based on his life and that he was married to both Katie Couric and Celine Dion, with whom he planned to father 1 million babies."

Riiiight.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

"Reality challenged" huh? I think that actually describes most SC's!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I love watching magic acts Even if the magicians really aren't all that good I love the suspension of disbelief, the wonder and the pleasure in simple little tricks as well as the grandiose, spectacular ones. It's a talent I don't possess, and never will. As such, it's fascinating to me, and I enjoy it immensely.
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
          X